LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Beathard is "tough"

And that's 1 reason why he became a 49er. Right or wrong, Kyle likes toughness. He prefers a QB that stands in the pocket and is willing to get drilled to deliver the ball.

We can't ignore things simply because we don't like them. I always remind people of this when they're evaluating players: are you projecting for yourself or the 49ers? Because what you like isn't necessarily what Kyle likes. And this is Kyle's team, not yours.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 30, 2020 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I just finished watching some Trask tape. The arm stuff seems a bit overblown. Sure, he doesn't have a hose like the other guys, but he can definitely push the ball down the field if he gets a clean pocket and his feet are set. One thing that stands out is his toughness. He is a tough SOB. This guy doesn't drop his eyes and is willing to get his brains bashed to get the ball out.

No joke, he might be QB1 for Kyle knowing how much emphasis he puts on toughness.

I just see a lot of back shoulder fades and jump balls from Trask. Arm strength to me is meh... velocity just doesn't seem very good.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I just finished watching some Trask tape. The arm stuff seems a bit overblown. Sure, he doesn't have a hose like the other guys, but he can definitely push the ball down the field if he gets a clean pocket and his feet are set. One thing that stands out is his toughness. He is a tough SOB. This guy doesn't drop his eyes and is willing to get his brains bashed to get the ball out.

No joke, he might be QB1 for Kyle knowing how much emphasis he puts on toughness.

I just see a lot of back shoulder fades and jump balls from Trask. Arm strength to me is meh... velocity just doesn't seem very good.

Arm strength is decent, imo. But it's the velocity that I agree with. He doesn't throw a rope like Wilson, but Trask throws a catchable ball, has good field awareness, and has shown very good accuracy this year.
I agree that his velocity is meh. Same with Mac Jones.

Ugh, trust me, I don't like that either, but I'm not the one picking players for my team. I try to evaluate players through a Kyle Shanahan lens.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Its a trap
Until we see where the niners are picking and all the combines and pro days are over, I'm not picking any favorite. The college season has been more screwed up than the NFL with most teams only playing conference games. This hurts Wilson since he isn't playing good teams. I haven't watched a lot of Florida games. Seems like there's usually a better game on another station. I watch a lot of Bama but I agree that with all the talent around him it probably makes him look better. You can also say he's facing the best talent since the SEC always has good athletes. Ohio State is just a lot better than all the other Big10 teams. I know ther ar eothers out there but I haven't seen enough of them to make any real judgement.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 30, 2020 at 1:22 PM ]
Not enough talk about ojulari in that clip
Dude is a fit for NE and PITT
He's just meh to me.

s**t ton of back shoulder fades and jump balls. I just don't see the arm talent either.
Not a big fan, but he can throw an extremely catchable ball.

Not impressed at all by this game today. Absolute statue. Ran right into the pressure earlier. Super average velocity and no real wow to his game in any facet.

Based solely on this game, he doesn't deserve any talk of being a first round caliber player. Fourth round talent, maybe late third in the right system.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ok, I'm done wathing TRASH... I meant Trask... he's very good for the Gator system, but the 3rd QTR alone, I noticed that this guy only throws to the left side of the field 85% of the time..

It's basically a pre snap read for this guy and NO NO NO NO... he may not be as good as his STATS indicates..

I'm changing the chanel to BYU & WILSON... I've seen enough...

his stock just dropped today (my personal take)... EARLY 3RD AT BEST !!!
He's just meh to me.

s**t ton of back shoulder fades and jump balls. I just don't see the arm talent either.

I agree, I honestly think the hype he has will drop after his combine and workouts. I get afraid of QBs who have great years their sr yr when they have so much talent around them, Mac Jones too is in the same boat for me. Tho I like Jones way more then Trask.
Good for the kid and all....but the more I watch of just HIM, the less I am impressed.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not impressed at all by this game today. Absolute statue. Ran right into the pressure earlier. Super average velocity and no real wow to his game in any facet.

Based solely on this game, he doesn't deserve any talk of being a first round caliber player. Fourth round talent, maybe late third in the right system.

I see him as a late 2nd/early 3rd. I think he can be fine if he winds up somewhere like New Orleans or New England. He's still learning a lot on the job, not much starting experience but if you give him some decent protection, he'll make the throws and has consistently shown improvement in going through his progressions and making the right decision.
Share 49ersWebzone