LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Never watch Grant Cohn content. It's the cancer of 49ers writers, wish they could fire that b*****d already.

Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Advice to everyone. NEVER click on anything from Grant Cohn. You're welcome.

Let's revisit after the Florda/Alabama game. Both Mac and Trask have shown progress each and every game.

Oh you don't have to tell me about Grant lol. Just confused why anyone would throw his 2 min video of why so and so is good/bad lol?

Neither QB is super special imo. For now I got Jones ahead of Trask. I don't have a 1st rd grade for either though.

For sure it can all change.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by 801niner:

What was this trash lol?

Cohn got some blue from Walter White beyond the grave. That's what that video is.

It's not very informative, you watch his video about Mac Jones? First thing he says is he hasn't watched Mac Jones BUT SF shouldn't draft him because he plays for Alabama lol. Why is anyone taking him seriously in regards to football?

I haven't seen his video about Jones, but I'm not surprised its awful, hahaha. So his justification for Jones's ability is not due to his solid footwork, throwing mechanics or ability to move in the pocket, but simply because he plays for Bama. That's classic Cohn really. Jones obviously isn't my choice for who I want us to target in the draft (Wilson, but that's known) but he wouldn't be an awful fit. Just not special like I think Wilson can be.
Originally posted by 801niner:

What was this trash lol?

Cohn got some blue from Walter White beyond the grave. That's what that video is.

It's not very informative, you watch his video about Mac Jones? First thing he says is he hasn't watched Mac Jones BUT SF shouldn't draft him because he plays for Alabama lol. Why is anyone taking him seriously in regards to football?

I haven't seen his video about Jones, but I'm not surprised its awful, hahaha. So his justification for Jones's ability is not due to his solid footwork, throwing mechanics or ability to move in the pocket, but simply because he plays for Bama. That's classic Cohn really. Jones obviously isn't my choice for who I want us to target in the draft (Wilson, but that's known) but he wouldn't be an awful fit. Just not special like I think Wilson can be.

Hard to watch a sissy like that say that any NFL quarterback is "not tough." Pro QBs get the living snot beat out of them weekly. For him to say Goff is not tough and lacks courage....I hope Goff sees the video.
Watching a little more today with some free time.

Like his footwork overall. Good mechanics. Great size and yeah he's "a little more mobile" than I originality said, I'm not gonna say that some great trait of his though. He will move around though and extend plays so that is a plus.

Arm talent overall is just meh too me. A ton of back shoulder fades and jump balls. I'm not seeing a ton of velocity in his throws overall. He does throw a catchable ball, I just feel like some of his deeper throws kinda hang up in the air.

I guess my new comp is a less athletic weaker armed Sam Darnold. He's a starter in the league with the right offense. Not so sure how well he fits in SF though.

Gonna be a ton of evaluating going on for about 5 months

I agree with you on his arm talent. When I watch him his throws just seem slow to me. Both from the perspective of what seems like a slow release to the velocity of the ball. I like the accuracy but in my opinion, he doesn't have the arm talent to be a special QB at the NFL level. I have been wrong plenty of times before though.

He flat out said he hasn't watch Jones lol...yeah he's not my #1 option, but just basing if a player will be good or not because of the helmet he wears is something a child would do lol.
I just finished watching some Trask tape. The arm stuff seems a bit overblown. Sure, he doesn't have a hose like the other guys, but he can definitely push the ball down the field if he gets a clean pocket and his feet are set. One thing that stands out is his toughness. He is a tough SOB. This guy doesn't drop his eyes and is willing to get his brains bashed to get the ball out.

No joke, he might be QB1 for Kyle knowing how much emphasis he puts on toughness.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 26, 2020 at 10:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I just finished watching some Trask tape. The arm stuff seems a bit overblown. Sure, he doesn't have a hose like the other guys, but he can definitely push the ball down the field if he gets a clean pocket and his feet are set. One thing that stands out is his toughness. He is a tough SOB. This guy doesn't drop his eyes and is willing to get his brains bashed to get the ball out.

No joke, he might be QB1 for Kyle knowing how much emphasis he puts on toughness.

Kyle loves this stuff.

Based on what I've seen, Trask isn't my type of QB, but I can see some things that Kyle likes. Personally, I like guys that have a hose and let it rip.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 26, 2020 at 10:55 PM ]
Kyle loves this stuff.

Based on what I've seen, Trask isn't my type of QB, but I can see some things that Kyle likes. Personally, I like guys that have a hose and let it rip.

Ojulari turning the corner tho
So Kyle Pitts (the guy catching all these TDs) is a tight end?

I thought he was just a big WR so I looked him up and Kiper has him ranked as his #1 TE.

Originally posted by floridaMan:

I thought he was just a big WR so I looked him up and Kiper has him ranked as his #1 TE.

Username does not check out
Kyle loves this stuff.

Been rooting for this kid since last season and would be thrilled if he was drafted as a Niner, but as far as realistic options at this point, it's probably (1) Jones and (2) Trask.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Lol
Originally posted by Waterbear:

FSU and UCF fan

And they both suck now so I've kind of checked out with college football this year.
[ Edited by floridaMan on Nov 30, 2020 at 10:19 AM ]

Blake bortles was "tough"

Beathard is "tough"
Share 49ersWebzone