There are 108 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
LOL nah I'm not gonna be mad...I have my preferred choice. Unlike a lot of Niner fans, I trust this FO and Kyle. I promise I won't be more upset then you were when we took Bosa instead of QW

I was upset?

You propped up QW until the cows came home lol. #1 fan in that thread

We all knew how good Bosa was/is including you...that's how I feel with this QB class and what we have currently.

I'd take any of these top 5-6 QBs over Jimmy and his contract. I have a preference & tiers...Jones/Trask are in a lower tier than the top 4 QBs. If they want Lance/Wilson hell even Fields/Lawrence I got no problem if they sell the farm.
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Going against the grain is acting like BYUs super joke schedule isn't a factor in Wilson's hype

Talent around a QB matters just as much as who they play as well.

film is film end of the day....if you watch Wilson and refuse to say that he makes high end NFL caliber throws then I don't know what to tell ya.
You propped up QW until the cows came home lol. #1 fan in that thread

We all knew how good Bosa was/is including you...that's how I feel with this QB class and what we have currently.

I'd take any of these top 5-6 QBs over Jimmy and his contract. I have a preference & tiers...Jones/Trask are in a lower tier than the top 4 QBs. If they want Lance/Wilson hell even Fields/Lawrence I got no problem if they sell the farm.

My only reservations with Bosa were due to his injury history as well as the injury history of his family overall. That was before he went and promptly tore his ACL early in his second season. It could just be a freak injury or a harbinger of what is to come. If he has another serious injury next year or an extensive bout of injury issues then I think most are going to admit that pick will be looking rather suspect at that point. You can have all the talent in the world but availability is still the greatest ability of all.
He moves just fine. The arm strength stuff is way overblown. I have a bigger issue with his delivery than either of the other two but at some point this guy just can't be ignored. He's putting up historic numbers with people doubting him on a weekly basis.

He couldn't outperform Franks's as a starter.

Wrong.

He couldn't carry the team to big wins.

Wrong.

He couldn't get it done against top defenses.

Wrong.

He couldn't continue to perform at a high level with the loss of his #1 target on offense.

Wrong.

At this point I'm rooting for him to be successful just so he can throw it in the faces of people continually hating on him even though he does nothing but produce.

This.

Just like Phoenix, I won't be shocked if Jones or Trask line up under center for the 49ers.
My only reservations with Bosa were due to his injury history as well as the injury history of his family overall. That was before he went and promptly tore his ACL early in his second season. It could just be a freak injury or a harbinger of what is to come. If he has another serious injury next year or an extensive bout of injury issues then I think most are going to admit that pick will be looking rather suspect at that point. You can have all the talent in the world but availability is still the greatest ability of all.

oh stop it. ACLs aren't some hereditary trait. Solly tears his ACL two mins later on the same s**tty turf. Unfortunately that's the hard truth of football. You could be an iron man, never have a single injury then blow and ACL all the same. Barkley did it the same day.

QW hasn't been some force at DT like everything had been claiming he would be right off the bat.

You draft the better talent at the more important position. His past injuries clearly had no effect on his game.
Anyone catch that spin move Trask did up against incoming pressure to buy himself more time?

I don't care that he doesn't have elite athleticism. He's mobility is up there with Burrow's and has shown fairly good pocket awareness.
Updated odds to win the Heisman Trophy (BetOnline):

Kyle Trask -175
Mac Jones +300
Justin Fields +400
Trevor Lawrence +1000
Zach Wilson +1600
Breece Hall +2500
D'Eriq King +10000
Ian Book +10000
Kellen Mond +10000
Watching a little more today with some free time.

Like his footwork overall. Good mechanics. Great size and yeah he's "a little more mobile" than I originality said, I'm not gonna say that some great trait of his though. He will move around though and extend plays so that is a plus.

Arm talent overall is just meh too me. A ton of back shoulder fades and jump balls. I'm not seeing a ton of velocity in his throws overall. He does throw a catchable ball, I just feel like some of his deeper throws kinda hang up in the air.

I guess my new comp is a less athletic weaker armed Sam Darnold. He's a starter in the league with the right offense. Not so sure how well he fits in SF though.

Gonna be a ton of evaluating going on for about 5 months
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 23, 2020 at 11:13 AM ]

Like his footwork overall. Good mechanics. Great size and yeah he's "a little more mobile" than I originality said, I'm not gonna say that some great trait of his though. He will move around though and extend plays so that is a plus.

Arm talent overall is just meh too me. A ton of back should fades and jump balls. I'm not seeing a ton of velocity in his throws overall. He does throw a catchable ball, I just feel like some of his deeper throws kinda hang up in the air.

I guess my new comp is a less athletic weaker armed Sam Darnold. He's a starter in the league with the right offense. Not so sure how well he fits in SF though.

Really pray we don't settle for Trask or Jones. Go all out on Wilson or go for Lance. We obviously won't have a chance at Lawrence or Fields but then again if the draft order ends Jets, Jags and Wash we may have to settle for the guy Wash passes on
Originally posted by 801niner:

What was this trash lol?

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Really pray we don't settle for Trask or Jones. Go all out on Wilson or go for Lance. We obviously won't have a chance at Lawrence or Fields but then again if the draft order ends Jets, Jags and Wash we may have to settle for the guy Wash passes on

I've watched a little more or Jones and I actually don't hate him. He's my QB4 for sure right now. He's limited but has a lot of the qualities you want in a QB.

He arm isn't quite Kirk cousins but he's similar in a lot of other ways.

What was this trash lol?

Cohn got some blue from Walter White beyond the grave. That's what that video is.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

What was this trash lol?

Cohn got some blue from Walter White beyond the grave. That's what that video is.

It's not very informative, you watch his video about Mac Jones? First thing he says is he hasn't watched Mac Jones BUT SF shouldn't draft him because he plays for Alabama lol. Why is anyone taking him seriously in regards to football?
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

What was this trash lol?

It's not very informative, you watch his video about Mac Jones? First thing he says is he hasn't watched Mac Jones BUT SF shouldn't draft him because he plays for Alabama lol. Why is anyone taking him seriously in regards to football?

Never watch Grant Cohn content. It's the cancer of 49ers writers, wish they could fire that b*****d already.
Advice to everyone. NEVER click on anything from Grant Cohn. You're welcome.

Arm talent overall is just meh too me. A ton of back shoulder fades and jump balls. I'm not seeing a ton of velocity in his throws overall. He does throw a catchable ball, I just feel like some of his deeper throws kinda hang up in the air.

Let's revisit after the Florda/Alabama game. Both Mac and Trask have shown progress each and every game.
Share 49ersWebzone