49ers activate Arik Armstead, Hroniss Grasu from reserve/COVID-19 list →

There are 126 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think it's still too early for any of that. I want to see the inevitable match up between Trask and Jones in the SEC Championship and how both perform in that game and any further playoff matches.

The same goes for Wilson. In the NFL he won't consistently have 4-5 seconds to throw the football, I want to see him get into a big time bowl game against a legit defense and see how he responds.

While it would be somewhat ideal to see these guys against better competition, I'm still looking at the player themselves. It's why I watched Wilson, and Wilson alone yesterday. The surrounding talent is quite inferior, so I'm just talking his traits and abilities. For a solid frame and size, Trasks' arm is underwhelming to say the least. I watched him again yesterday, I believe for the second or third time, and his play is rather consistant. Short stuff, he's accurate...but when he's putting the ball downfield, it really lacks zip and it seems his receivers are often out there making plays for him. It's almost painful to watch.

I don't see that changing much, regardless of who the competition is.
He moves just fine. The arm strength stuff is way overblown. I have a bigger issue with his delivery than either of the other two but at some point this guy just can't be ignored. He's putting up historic numbers with people doubting him on a weekly basis.

He couldn't outperform Franks's as a starter.

Wrong.

He couldn't carry the team to big wins.

Wrong.

He couldn't get it done against top defenses.

Wrong.

He couldn't continue to perform at a high level with the loss of his #1 target on offense.

Wrong.

At this point I'm rooting for him to be successful just so he can throw it in the faces of people continually hating on him even though he does nothing but produce.

Phoenix trying to Lavar Ball Trask talent into existence
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Originally posted by 801niner:

You've just invalidated Kyle Trask.
Originally posted by 801niner:

He's right in that Kyle puts a premium on toughness. He wants guys that hang in the pocket and are willing to take a shot to deliver the ball. Toughness is one of the key reasons he overvalued CJ Beathard:

...the main reason you like him is, I've never seen a guy hang in the pocket and play as tough as he does. Whether the protection's good or not, whether people are getting open or not, he hangs in there all day, takes hits to the face, and just keeps his eyes downfield. It allows him to process things during the game, get the ball to the right spots, be able to read coverages, because he can hang in there and keep that poise.

There's no doubt in my mind that Kyle is going to like Kyle Trask.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 22, 2020 at 11:06 PM ]
Kyle Trask is NFL Nick foles. He displays a much higher football IQ/decision making than foles did as a prospect, but I think his ceiling is NFL Nick foles

Lol turning Mac Jones and Trask into something special because he wants to go against the grain
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Kyle Trask is NFL Nick foles. He displays a much higher football IQ/decision making than foles did as a prospect, but I think his ceiling is NFL Nick foles

Ceiling is Rivers floor is Christian Ponder 😬
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol turning Mac Jones and Trask into something special because he wants to go against the grain

Y'all are gonna be so ducking mad when one of those two are lining up under center for the 49ers in the very near future, I'm just trying to soften the landing for you.

Y'all are gonna be so ducking mad when one of those two are lining up under center for the 49ers in the very near future, I'm just trying to soften the landing for you.

LOL nah I'm not gonna be mad...I have my preferred choice. Unlike a lot of Niner fans, I trust this FO and Kyle. I promise I won't be more upset then you were when we took Bosa instead of QW
I also think both Trask/Jones can be just as productive as Jimmy on a rookie contract. I also think both of their ceilings are limited much like Jimmy.
LOL nah I'm not gonna be mad...I have my preferred choice. Unlike a lot of Niner fans, I trust this FO and Kyle. I promise I won't be more upset then you were when we took Bosa instead of QW

I was upset?
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Super Bowl MVP is fine with me

Going against the grain is acting like BYUs super joke schedule isn't a factor in Wilson's hype
Share 49erswebzone