There are 221 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

Originally posted by RickyRoma:
This guy gives off a Trent Dilfer vibe without the arm. I want no part of him unless for whatever reason, the dude falls to the 5th round or something.

Trask isn't my favorite QB in the draft but that is just ridiculous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Trask isn't my favorite QB in the draft but that is just ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous?
How is it ridiculous?

Dilfer never came close to the sort of ball placement that Trask has shown. Not in college, not as a pro. He never showed the ability to read defenses the way Trask has.

You could just as easily compare Trask to Burrow due to similar numbers. We're talking about a guy that was a backup all throughout high school and college until last year and is now putting up numbers that no other SEC QB has put up previously while playing without his #1 target in Pitts. Hes playing very well and yet still has room to get so much better as he gains more experience.

He's proving himself to be a very legit QB prospect against some of the better defenses that college football has to offer. Look where Florida was without him and where they are now. He's absolutely been a difference maker for them.
Dilfer never came close to the sort of ball placement that Trask has shown. Not in college, not as a pro. He never showed the ability to read defenses the way Trask has.

You could just as easily compare Trask to Burrow due to similar numbers. We're talking about a guy that was a backup all throughout high school and college until last year and is now putting up numbers that no other SEC QB has put up previously while playing without his #1 target in Pitts. Hes playing very well and yet still has room to get so much better as he gains more experience.

He's proving himself to be a very legit QB prospect against some of the better defenses that college football has to offer. Look where Florida was without him and where they are now. He's absolutely been a difference maker for them.

...and yet even in todays game, the announcers were questioning whether he's acutually a first rounder.

I'm not gonna go thru all the nuances of QB play and whatnot, and I don't really care about the numbers....he simply does not impress me.
Statue.
Weak arm.
Long throwing arc.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Statue.
Weak arm.
Long throwing arc.

Yeah he looks very natural when scrambling

And no, Big Ben has a real NFL arm.

He moves just fine. The arm strength stuff is way overblown. I have a bigger issue with his delivery than either of the other two but at some point this guy just can't be ignored. He's putting up historic numbers with people doubting him on a weekly basis.

He couldn't outperform Franks's as a starter.

Wrong.

He couldn't carry the team to big wins.

Wrong.

He couldn't get it done against top defenses.

Wrong.

He couldn't continue to perform at a high level with the loss of his #1 target on offense.

Wrong.

At this point I'm rooting for him to be successful just so he can throw it in the faces of people continually hating on him even though he does nothing but produce.
He moves just fine. The arm strength stuff is way overblown. I have a bigger issue with his delivery than either of the other two but at some point this guy just can't be ignored. He's putting up historic numbers with people doubting him on a weekly basis.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

He couldn't continue to perform at a high level with the loss of his #1 target on offense.

Wrong.

At this point I'm rooting for him to be successful just so he can throw it in the faces of people continually hating on him even though he does nothing but produce.

Would you be fine with SF taking him with their first pick? Say pick 10 thru 32 in the first round? Where do you draw the line, assuming he's a first rounder in your eyes.
Would you be fine with SF taking him with their first pick? Say pick 10 thru 32 in the first round? Where do you draw the line, assuming he's a first rounder in your eyes.

I think it's still too early for any of that. I want to see the inevitable match up between Trask and Jones in the SEC Championship and how both perform in that game and any further playoff matches.

The same goes for Wilson. In the NFL he won't consistently have 4-5 seconds to throw the football, I want to see him get into a big time bowl game against a legit defense and see how he responds.

Trask or Trash❓ What do the Niners get if they draft him❓Is it that he's just at a bigger name school with better players❓ Or does he REALLY have a high enough ceiling for the NFL❓
He looks really good so far. Much better than I expected. Somebody to keep an eye on.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

The thing that annoys me is how people act like they know what a QB is going to be in the pros. Look at Montana and Brady those guys did not scream NFL alltime greats. Hell, I remember Rick Mirer and Jake Plummer being called tbe next Montana and can't miss prospects. I am not a Trask guy, but the point is, you just never know.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Statue.
Weak arm.
Long throwing arc.

He looks like Payton back there.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
The thing that annoys me is how people act like they know what a QB is going to be in the pros. Look at Montana and Brady those guys did not scream NFL alltime greats. Hell, I remember Rick Mirer and Jake Plummer being called tbe next Montana and can't miss prospects. I am not a Trask guy, but the point is, you just never know.

So many people were nutting hard over Drew Henson back then. He was the super athletic guy with the big arm who could do it all, he looked the part and had all the upside, the talent to put the ball anywhere on the football field and beat defenses with his arms and legs.

Brady was slow, not very mobile, kind of gangly and had an arm that could be described as average at best. Yet all he did was produce and make plays in big games including a huge win against Bama to finish off his college career. He certainly didn't look anything like a future NFL star but he made plays when it mattered most and ultimately I think that is the biggest thing to look at. How do these QB's handle the pressure playing on the biggest stages against the toughest opponents? That is what I'm waiting to see most from all of the guys this year, how do they react when they face real adversity?
Share 49ersWebzone