There are 132 users in the forums

Kyle Trask-QB-Florida

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
LOL no way. When Mullens started playing more, I thought "man, he reminds me of Christian Ponder" HAHA!

But no, disagree with the Kyle Trask-Christian Ponder comparison. As of right now, a floor could be Alex Smith and roof could be Ryan Tannehill. For now...doesn't mean he can't develop into Dak Prescott, which is his ceiling potential, I think.

I don't see the arm talent of Dak or the mobility with Trask.

I want no part of him as of right now

Don't get the "Trask is not mobile" talk. I've been watching since he took over last year and he's plenty mobile.

In regards to Dak, check out this scouting report during his draft:

Weaknesses
  • Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
  • Makes very poor decisions at times, forces passes into coverage
  • Footwork can get sloppy, will fall off his base throwing to his left, loses accuracy/velocity
  • Doesn't possess the heralded "power arm" that he was once rumored to have
  • Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
  • Does not throw with anticipation, poor timing leads to late throws to all areas of the field
  • Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner
  • Lacks accuracy and velocity when throwing on the move

That's why he fell in the draft but he developed mightily under Garrett. Trask has that potential, in my opinion.

How many times has he ran design runs and scrambled throughout this season!!! He has 29 attempts and 78 yards rushing this season, sure he's not Lamar Jackson, but he's no Paxton Lynch.
I think Big Ben is the best comparison. I think that's his ceiling
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
LOL no way. When Mullens started playing more, I thought "man, he reminds me of Christian Ponder" HAHA!

But no, disagree with the Kyle Trask-Christian Ponder comparison. As of right now, a floor could be Alex Smith and roof could be Ryan Tannehill. For now...doesn't mean he can't develop into Dak Prescott, which is his ceiling potential, I think.

I don't see the arm talent of Dak or the mobility with Trask.

I want no part of him as of right now

Don't get the "Trask is not mobile" talk. I've been watching since he took over last year and he's plenty mobile.

Weaknesses
  • Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
  • Footwork can get sloppy, will fall off his base throwing to his left, loses accuracy/velocity
  • Does not throw with anticipation, poor timing leads to late throws to all areas of the field
  • Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner

That's why he fell in the draft but he developed mightily under Garrett. Trask has that potential, in my opinion.

How many times has he ran design runs and scrambled throughout this season!!! He has 29 attempts and 78 yards rushing this season, sure he's not Lamar Jackson, but he's no Paxton Lynch.
Also, don't forget...they subtract sack yardage from quarterback rush yardage in college, no?
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

I dont see big bens arm strength tho. In terms of his size and unexpected mobility though I can see it.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I dont see big bens arm strength tho. In terms of his size and unexpected mobility though I can see it.

Ben has always had a very good arm, but it wasn't anything crazy like Rodgers or Mahomes. I've always admired Big Ben's accuracy on passes down the field. Dude drops it right in the bucket.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 20, 2020 at 6:59 PM ]
He's facing Vanderbilt this morning on ESPN. Should see some big numbers.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

His arm isn't close to Big Ben

Weaknesses

Where you get that analysis from? Why not throw in his strengths?
Trask coming back to earth vs Vanderbilt. Throwing into coverage and looking rattled
Definitely a rough first half for Trask. You can see that he has trouble resetting his feet once moved around in the pocket.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
Definitely a rough first half for Trask. You can see that he has trouble resetting his feet once moved around in the pocket.

Slow feet don't eat.

Definitely having a better 2nd half. The throw to his TE Gamble on this late score was impressive.

Early throws were wobbly and into coverage that would be trouble in the NFL. But, gotta risk it for the biscuit
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Definitely having a better 2nd half. The throw to his TE Gamble on this late score was impressive.

Early throws were wobbly and into coverage that would be trouble in the NFL. But, gotta risk it for the biscuit

Agreed, don't want him or any gah damn Florida qb. For me it's Wilson/Lance or bust
This guy gives off a Trent Dilfer vibe without the arm. I want no part of him unless for whatever reason, the dude falls to the 5th round or something.
Share 49erswebzone