SALE: 30% off at the official 49ers online store with code 30YARDS →

There are 94 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Competition isn't really that important tbph

Carson Wentz went #2 and played nobody

what's more important is the tool set on display, and he checks every box for what a team wants. What I like most is he doesn't need a guy wide open to pull the trigger and put the ball deep to where only his receiver can get it. That's $$$.

I seen that, too. I like the gunslinger mentality he has.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
finally got around to really watching this guy

ummm

He's a top 10 pick, easy.

Let's see, he has:
-Excellent accuracy
-Quick throwing motion
-Big arm
-Very athletic
-Alters throwing motion
-Makes NFL throws

What's there to knock him on?

Idk I guess I use Dashon Watson as my reference for a QB the NFL will let slip the top 10. Maybe it was just the class he came out with that made him drop but he seemed like a great competitor and still dropped. I think Watson was a better prospect than Wilson so in my mind he could drop to say 15-20 range (only If Lawrence-Lance-Fields declare)
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Idk I guess I use Dashon Watson as my reference for a QB the NFL will let slip the top 10. Maybe it was just the class he came out with that made him drop but he seemed like a great competitor and still dropped. I think Watson was a better prospect than Wilson so in my mind he could drop to say 15-20 range (only If Lawrence-Lance-Fields declare)

Watson fell because people started questioning his arm strength. I wouldn't say he fell either bc if there was a redo Mahomes would have went where Trubisky went and Watson would have still gone around 10-12.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
In fact, Phoenix can you please do that voodoo s**t you did making us get Mcglinchey. I'll revisit this on draft day and be counting on you to get me Wilson 🤙

Originally posted by miked1978:
Watson fell because people started questioning his arm strength. I wouldn't say he fell either bc if there was a redo Mahomes would have went where Trubisky went and Watson would have still gone around 10-12.

In a redo mahomes and Watson go 1 and 2 overall
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Watson fell because people started questioning his arm strength. I wouldn't say he fell either bc if there was a redo Mahomes would have went where Trubisky went and Watson would have still gone around 10-12.

In a redo mahomes and Watson go 1 and 2 overall

Even with CMC there?
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Even with CMC there?

Oh definitely. Franchise QB's over everything else.
He even kinda looks like Montana

I like the kid buuut idk kinda reminds me of Colt McCoy
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Even with CMC there?

CMC wouldn't even be top 5 and top 10 is debatable.

Mahomes, Watson, Garrett, Watt, White, Lattimore, Adams, Kittle

Then you've got Kamara, Baker, etc.


Anyway, about Zach, he looks really small an I hate his head band, but dang he makes BYU must watch football

Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Idk I guess I use Dashon Watson as my reference for a QB the NFL will let slip the top 10. Maybe it was just the class he came out with that made him drop but he seemed like a great competitor and still dropped. I think Watson was a better prospect than Wilson so in my mind he could drop to say 15-20 range (only If Lawrence-Lance-Fields declare)

Watson fell over arm strength concerns, which is paramount to nfl scouts
Originally posted by 801niner:
I like the kid buuut idk kinda reminds me of Colt McCoy

I can see that but McCoy never had an arm like Wilson does.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
In fact, Phoenix can you please do that voodoo s**t you did making us get Mcglinchey. I'll revisit this on draft day and be counting on you to get me Wilson 🤙


I'm here for it
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
finally got around to really watching this guy

ummm

He's a top 10 pick, easy.

Let's see, he has:
-Excellent accuracy
-Quick throwing motion
-Big arm
-Very athletic
-Alters throwing motion
-Makes NFL throws

What's there to knock him on?

agree with everything...I guess the knock is he wasn't great in 2018/2019 and dealt with a couple injuries? Also hasn't played top end talent.

I don't really care because the film doesn't lie this kid has "it" I would love him in red and gold
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 801niner:
I like the kid buuut idk kinda reminds me of Colt McCoy

I can see that but McCoy never had an arm like Wilson does.

Yeah their arm talent isn't on the same planet. I'd love if NFL scouts thought that and he dropped to the 2nd. Not gonna happen the way he's currently playing IMO.
Share 49erswebzone