There are 144 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
A more athletic Derrick Carr has been my comp for Wilson.

Wilson imo has a bigger arm as well.

And our chances of drafting him got slightly better with Washington's win today. It pushed them to 5, and currently Cincinnati holds the 3 spot, Dallas 4, with the Chargers at 6. If the draft were today, I think Dallas would be the most optimal trade partner (Cincy probably wants Sewell after Burrows ACL tear today). Lynch could pull off that trade imo, and Z. Wilson wears red and gold forever.

Dallas needs a QB. They wouldn't trade with us.
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Seriously, they act like BYU is playing teams with future pro players. Also, they act like they are breaking down film. He has been great, but it's a bit hard to evaluate when the competition is so weak. Plenty of QBs can make these throws if the competition is not good. If he can make these throws against good teams then he may be gold. Right now he is like the first girl a prisoner sees after getting out. He is going to think she is way hotter until he sees some competition.

He is listed as basically the same size as Steve Young, but he looks a lot thinner to me. He has also had some injuries: shoulder surgery and a broken thumb last year.

To the guy that said he has never been this hard before watching the low definition channel BYU vs North Alabama game you may need to see a Urologist and/or Psychiatrist.

We aren't "breaking down" his competition, we are evaluating him. Sure, there is a question mark about how he can handle pressure, but that doesn't mean we can't evaluate his arm strength, his accuracy, his deep touch, his decisiveness, his movement in the pocket, his moxy, his footwork. And no, there are not plenty of QBs who can make some of the throws he's making, even in a practice rep. Also, to the other poster, no, he isn't just throwing hail marys to a more talented roster. Fades to the TE requires ball placement. Deep over the shoulder passes require arm strength, accuracy and touch. This isn't a Matt Ryan hail Mary at the end of the half like we saw vs saints today the results in an int.
Originally posted by All22:

And our chances of drafting him got slightly better with Washington's win today. It pushed them to 5, and currently Cincinnati holds the 3 spot, Dallas 4, with the Chargers at 6. If the draft were today, I think Dallas would be the most optimal trade partner (Cincy probably wants Sewell after Burrows ACL tear today). Lynch could pull off that trade imo, and Z. Wilson wears red and gold forever.

They're not taking a QB with the holes they have on defense. They'll resign Dak, take a trade down for more picks and fill that D with as many talented young players as possible on cheap contracts.

They're not taking a QB with the holes they have on defense. They'll resign Dak, take a trade down for more picks and fill that D with as many talented young players as possible on cheap contracts.

That 30 million that Dak wants can fill a lot of holes. The fact that for all his great numbers, Cowboys haven't won much. Now it isn't all the fault of Dak but Jerry might want a change. I'm close to Cowboy land and it isn't set in stone that they throw a lot of money at Prescott.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He should change his head band to... we play if you pay our expenses

Not up to him buzzy....but you know this. College football is about the $$

Obviously not, but that doesn't mean it makes is head band true
Originally posted by Ark49er:

That 30 million that Dak wants can fill a lot of holes. The fact that for all his great numbers, Cowboys haven't won much. Now it isn't all the fault of Dak but Jerry might want a change. I'm close to Cowboy land and it isn't set in stone that they throw a lot of money at Prescott.

30, Dak wants more than 45m a year!! Lol
We need the Bengals to climb up at #2 to make a trade with them and that means that the Jaguars have to win 2 more games.

How much can they upgrade their defense with a rookie QB contract and having freed up $35 million that they wouldn't be paying Dak? I wouldn't exclude the Cowboys from going QB. If you have to put your quarterback on a franchise tag, that isn't a real solid relationship.
Originally posted by okdkid:

If they want him they will get him. Lynch has never held back on making moves to get a player he "covets". Hard to believe if he truly believes a QB is a franchise player he would say "no, that price is too high". It will get done.

This is true. I just don't think Wilson will be available.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How much can they upgrade their defense with a rookie QB contract and having freed up $35 million that they wouldn't be paying Dak? I wouldn't exclude the Cowboys from going QB. If you have to put your quarterback on a franchise tag, that isn't a real solid relationship.

Another Tag to Dak can make him limp to another team

• FL9er
  • Veteran
You guys are looking at it through the prism of the "best-case" scenario. What if Dallas does commit to a rebuild? They decide to pass on giving Dak $40M/yr and draft a QB for McCarthy's offense. What if the QB they pick isn't as good as Dak? Dak is a sure thing right now. If anything they should look at fixing their OL and defense. I know they keep restructuring Tyron Smith's contract, but they can't count on him to play 16 games anymore. Cincinnati will probably be in position to take the LT from Oregon, so unless Deion Sanders or Aaron Donald is sitting there in the top 5, Dallas should trade down to a team moving up for a QB.

Also if you plan to use the cap space allocated for Dak's deal to improve the rest of the team, tag Dak and trade him.
Originally posted by FL9er:
You guys are looking at it through the prism of the "best-case" scenario. What if Dallas does commit to a rebuild? They decide to pass on giving Dak $40M/yr and draft a QB for McCarthy's offense. What if the QB they pick isn't as good as Dak? Dak is a sure thing right now. If anything they should look at fixing their OL and defense. I know they keep restructuring Tyron Smith's contract, but they can't count on him to play 16 games anymore. Cincinnati will probably be in position to take the LT from Oregon, so unless Deion Sanders or Aaron Donald is sitting there in the top 5, Dallas should trade down to a team moving up for a QB.

Also if you plan to use the cap space allocated for Dak's deal to improve the rest of the team, tag Dak and trade him.

That's how I see it too. Dak is the sure thing and keeps that offense afloat, and they could use the extra picks a trade down would give them to fix their defense. I don't know what Jerrah is thinking, but he's been pretty adamant that Dak is their QB going forward and they'll get a deal worked out.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
We need the Bengals to climb up at #2 to make a trade with them and that means that the Jaguars have to win 2 more games.

while we seat between 10 to 15, what would you be willing to GIVE UP to move to the 2nd spot ??
Originally posted by 9moon:
while we seat between 10 to 15, what would you be willing to GIVE UP to move to the 2nd spot ??

Using Jimmy Johnson's draft chart, it would cost something like 2021 1st, 2022 1st, and 2021 2nd to go from 10 to 2.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 22, 2020 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Swap 1st round picks obviously
2021: 2nd round pick
2022: 1st round pick
I that´s not enough I´d throw a starting player maybe Ward

I see elite potential in Zach Wilson and I wouldn´t care giving up all that because if he turns to be as good as I think our Super Bowl window will be open for a long time without depending on having the #2 ranked running game and #2 ranked defense with the best pass-rush of the league at the same time.
[ Edited by Monsterniner on Nov 22, 2020 at 10:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone