There are 272 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Originally posted by Heroism:
Yup, this is how I feel.

Fields and Lance are nice, but I highly doubt they're what Kyle wants from a QB. Zach Wilson is the perfect combo of what we want and what Kyle wants with a natural thrower plus mobile and athletic. Zach Wilson is the dude.

Given how Kyle and John go and get what they want, it'll be interesting to see if this guy can be had by SF. I believe you're right in that ZW gives Shanahan the throws he wants, but can extend plays to give everybody the throws desired.
I´ve been saying for a while that Wilson is gonna be the 2nd QB taken because Fields is just another Ohio State QB.

What would the Jaguars want to trade down from #2?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I guess we want Washington to beat us then?

We want everyone to beat us, basically.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I guess we want Washington to beat us then?

We want everyone to beat us, basically.

And Jax to win some meaningless games down the stretch
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Ughhh, I've never been so hard in my life.

That's an Aaron Rodgers-esque throw.

the long pass over the middle will be INT in the NFL.

today, this kid looked better than both Justin and Trask
Originally posted by 9moon:

He should look better than them considering they played the 11th best college football program in Alabama.

Indiana is worlds better than North Alabama (never heard of NA before this week). Vanderbilt is horrible but so much better than North Alabama. Not sure what Trask did so poorly throwing for 383 3 td and 0 picks.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Originally posted by 9moon:

He should look better than them considering they played the 11th best college football program in Alabama.

Indiana is worlds better than North Alabama (never heard of NA before this week). Vanderbilt is horrible but so much better than North Alabama. Not sure what Trask did so poorly throwing for 383 3 td and 0 picks.

it's not how poorly Trask looked, I didn't post that... I CLEARLY stated that Wilson LOOKED better... but that's because he was more decisive and just didn't have the OFF day that both Justin or Trask may have had..

in fact, today is the 1st time I saw Trask so un-decisive w/his progression.. it's like everything he did today was a pre-snap read and decision..

DON'T WORRY, they are allowed to have OFF day(s), that's why I said TODAY..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Head to head won't matter. Every NFC East is going to have a pretty low SOS. We're not picking ahead of any of them if wins are tied.

Basically root for a team that already has a QB to wind up in the #2 spot and then hope whatever the 49ers offer them can top what a team just a few spots away is offering. Overall its unlikely that Wilson happens. Get used to the idea of seeing him playing for Jacksonville, Washington or some other forlorn franchise.

Pretty much...I like the kid but not going to rub one out thinking about him in a 49ers uniform.

No matter how much people want us to tank for him, odds are we'll be picking outside the top 10 considering the amount of awful teams this season. Unless we're dealing with more injuries/covid flare ups just before the game we win at LEAST 2 more vs Dallas and Washington.

Unless teams just value other prospects over Wilson or when the draft deep dives start people overthink his size, history and level of competition he's going top 5.
If WZ loves him that means Kyle has someone else as his #1 lol
Originally posted by 801niner:

Naww it's just the 49ers have no chance at drafting him. It seems like that has yet to register in the webzone since this thread is still going strong.

The only thing worse then our chances of drafting Wilson is drafting Lawrence right now. It is what it is

Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by 801niner:

Naww it's just the 49ers have no chance at drafting him. It seems like that has yet to register in the webzone since this thread is still going strong.

The only thing worse then our chances of drafting Wilson is drafting Lawrence right now. It is what it is

Pretty much. Unless we're drafting #2, seems unlikely.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I´ve been saying for a while that Wilson is gonna be the 2nd QB taken because Fields is just another Ohio State QB.

What would the Jaguars want to trade down from #2?

I doubt they will be seriously listening to offers if they end up holding the #2 overall pick. They are in dire need of a FQB and will be in a position to draft the top QB on their board not named Trevor Lawrence.

They also currently possess 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in this class.
Originally posted by Ark49er:

All that said, there's still a whole lot of football left, both in the season and the offseason. If Lance just absolutely goes off and kills it during the offseason circuit, he might very well be the second or third QB picked considering his ceiling and physical talent. If Trask somehow starts to play at an even higher level, balls out, wins a national championship, who knows just how high he could move up. Injuries and game cancellations will also come into play, still a ton of variables left to be resolved.

Its unlikely that the 49ers wind up with a guy like Wilson but in 20+ years of following the draft, I've seen all sorts of unusual stuff go down so time will tell.
I like a lot of what I see. He throws a really accurate ball. He reads the field well. He puts up big numbers. There is a lot to like here. I think he can be a really good player.
Share 49ersWebzone