LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm all in on this kid. I'm a big time Trevor Lawrence fan, and this may sound crazy, but I think Wilson has a higher ceiling.

I'm all in on this kid. I'm a big time Trevor Lawrence fan, and this may sound crazy, but I think Wilson has a higher ceiling.

Welp there it is, the sac kiss of death. Sorry Zach, you just got Jake Browning'd.
For my Hawaii boys around here:
Zach Wilson's Dad grew up here since he was one year old.
Zach Wilson's middle name is Kapono.
Just saying, no homer or nothing
Originally posted by Heroism:
He's probably my favorite QB not-named Trevor Lawrence right now.

Sadly, based on what I've seen so far, I don't think Kyle will love him. Kyle wants a robot, and Zach Wilson is definitely not a robot.

Ugh, yeah it seems like he just wants a bookworm type who understands his system extremely well. No deviating away from the plan, no big boy risky attempts.

then say hello to Mac Jones
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Can throw outside the numbers.
Can throw deep.
Can throw on the run.
Can avoid rushers.

All the things.

Jokes aside, I really like this dude. I hope we grab him with our 1st pick if he's on Lynch and Shanahan's board. I pray they don't use another top pick on a DT. Can make every throw on or off-schedule and that's big. Deep accuracy is excellent as well.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Oct 26, 2020 at 9:03 AM ]
The upcoming game against Boise State is going to be absolutely YUGE for him. Very few opportunities to show out against good to decent competition, he'll have plenty of eyes on him.

Yes its crazy talk. Lawrence is the best prospect to come out in years. Maybe since Luck. I want to see Wilson actually play against some great competition.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes its crazy talk. Lawrence is the best prospect to come out in years. Maybe since Luck. I want to see Wilson actually play against some great competition.

Lawrence is experiencing the typical nitpicking and paralysis by analysis that comes with a prospect having been #1 for so long that people start looking for things to complain about just strictly due to boredom.
If he winds up being a top prospect, we won't have a chance at him.
Wont be available. He will be drafted top 10.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Four QB's in the top 10?? That'll be the first I'd see!!! Really praying Shanahan loves what he sees in him enough to trade up for!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Four QB's in the top 10?? That'll be the first I'd see!!! Really praying Shanahan loves what he sees in him enough to trade up for!!

Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance could be the first 3 QBs taken. Not sure within the first 10 picks though.
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance could be the first 3 QBs taken. Not sure within the first 10 picks though.

He goes before Trey Lance
He goes before Trey Lance

Not necessarily. Lance's upside is immense and it takes only one team to completely fall in love with him as a prospect for him to go before any other QB but Lawrence or Fields.

Nah dude
Share 49ersWebzone