LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Is this kid related to Marc Wilson? He went to BYU and played QB too fort hose that don't know who he is.

No. But I know who you are talking about
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Watching Houston only thing I didn't like was a couple 50/50 balls he threw in the first half. One he got lucky and the other was offensive pass interference

I agree there , his first half I did not like what I saw. He did get very luck on those 50/50 balls. Those would be picks in the NFL.
He did though flip the switch at halftime and played with more of a sense of urgency. Really liked what I saw out of him in the second half. Much better performance.
Their play calling though is crap and predictable. BYU will get steamrolled when they play the big boys
Originally posted by wailers15:
I agree there , his first half I did not like what I saw. He did get very luck on those 50/50 balls. Those would be picks in the NFL.
He did though flip the switch at halftime and played with more of a sense of urgency. Really liked what I saw out of him in the second half. Much better performance.
Their play calling though is crap and predictable. BYU will get steamrolled when they play the big boys

They did have a great schedule before Covid canceled it all. I do wish we got to see him against better competition, but same could be said for Trey Lance too
Originally posted by 49ers808:

They did have a great schedule before Covid canceled it all. I do wish we got to see him against better competition, but same could be said for Trey Lance too

Well if BYU can go undefeated they should get a shot at a solid bowl game and even maybe a playoff bid. Will be interesting

Well if BYU can go undefeated they should get a shot at a solid bowl game and even maybe a playoff bid. Will be interesting

Then they'll play real top competition and we'll get to see what this kid is really about.
Stay tuned for this mans rise. He would be the perfect fit for us and provide what Jimmy lacks to put us over the top. QB2
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Definitely liked the moxie he played with in that Houston game
  • Jiks
I said it when we drafted Warner but there's very little I like about BYU from a sports standpoint but Fred Warner was an absolute beast for them and Wilson is my draft crush right now. He had some injury issues last year but if he can stay healthy I doubt he drops to us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is my QB if he falls to the 2nd round. So far you got Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance and Justin Fields as the top three QB's most likely to go in the 1st round or top 15. Hopefully that's enough to get Zach Wilson to drop to the 2nd round, if he does, the 49ers NEED to trade up or take him where they're at. I'd let CJ Beathard go, maybe trade Nick Mullens or at worst make him the #3 QB, I'd rather trade him though.

I take it back, no way this kid falls to the 2nd.

So glad the NFC West opponents already have their QB's!!!
[ Edited by Kolohe on Oct 24, 2020 at 7:45 PM ]
8/9 125 yards and a touchdown in the first quarter so far, dude has a nice spiral and looks pretty mobile on these rollouts

Stud
I'm not comping him, but this is some Patrick Mahomes-type s**t

Originally posted by Heroism:

My son got it all
Originally posted by Heroism:

My son got it all

That's like a 60 yard dart that's crazy
There´s no way this kid drops to the 2nd round.
Share 49ersWebzone