There are 217 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Zach Wilson getting wrecked worse than Lance did.

that 2nd hit was far from brutal lol

Yeah, trying to see what was wrong with either of them. Got tackled and tangled on the first one. That's shocking nowadays I guess.
Second one the dude eased-up at the end.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Mike White in place of Wilson :

37/45 for 405 yards. 3 TDs and 2 picks.
Originally posted by evil:

wow
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

wow

QB controversy?
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

wow

QB controversy?

Eh. Its the backup effect. Just like Mullens ran off some big games at times.
qb controversy
Josh Johnson looking good too. So every QB on the jets is looking good except for Wilson....
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He needs a really good QB coach. Fundamentals are piss poor.
safe to call him a bust at this point? does anyone think this kid is going to lead his team to a super bowl one day.
No one in this forum at the beginning of the season would have said that Gardner Minshew as a backup QB would outplay him and beat him in a game.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
safe to call him a bust at this point? does anyone think this kid is going to lead his team to a super bowl one day.
No one in this forum at the beginning of the season would have said that Gardner Minshew as a backup QB would outplay him and beat him in a game.

Lol

Bearing in mind which team drafted him I think it is rather unfair to call him a bust yet. Give him at least a year first. I think he has a reasonable change to be a starting qb in due course.
I was flipping through the games yesterday where somewhere late in the 4th I saw something that was reminiscent of his college highlights at BYU where he gets pressure in his face and casually uncorks a 40 yard bucket drop that Moore should have been able to catch.

He needs work but he's doing what he can; him and Lawrence are in tough situations

you are joking right?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

you are joking right?

To early to call him a bust but just right to call him a disappointment.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jcs:

you are joking right?

To early to call him a bust but just right to call him a disappointment.

I think even that is premature. He is a rookie on a bad team with completely new coaching staff. This is what happens to even the best rookie QBs in their first year. There is too much talent there to make a negative assessment now.
Share 49ersWebzone