There are 162 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't know if they should give up on Darnold just yet. He has some tools so maybe he just needs to get better talent at WR and better coaching. He also had that bout with mono that set him back. The Bills could have given up on Allen after his first 2 years when he was last in the league.

Allen showed significant improvement from year 1 to year 2 and from year 2 to year 3. Darnold has flashed a little but Allen flashed quite a bit more.

I am not saying they should give up on Darnold. Moreso they need to do their homework on what is available VS what they have and make the best decision from there as to the future of the QB position.
https://nflmocks.com/2021/01/16/2021-nfl-draft-49ers-qb-mock-draft/amp/3/

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I'm close to being all in on Zach Wilson. I think if he is there at 3 or 4 we need to move up and get him. From watching BYU they run so many plays similar to our offense and I think he would step in and start immediately and be effective, similar to a Justin Herbert type season.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'm close to being all in on Zach Wilson. I think if he is there at 3 or 4 we need to move up and get him. From watching BYU they run so many plays similar to our offense and I think he would step in and start immediately and be effective, similar to a Justin Herbert type season.

Only if we can't get Watson.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Frickin Saleh and LaFleur gonna snag Zach Wilson when everyone expects them to take Justin Fields!!! Damn.

Reminds me of Bill Walsh trying to convince Sam Wyche to trade with the 49ers. He wanted Rice and was like, "he fits out offense" to which Wyche responds, "well we run the same offense."
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Big risk to not take Fields at #2 for Saleh with Jets fans already missing on Lawrence.

If fanbase is super high on Fields, not taking him and him becoming a star qb would leave a bad taste.

Don't see him trading back to 12 for sure...maybe a few spots and def within top 10 as that would garner lots of extra picks on its own and still get am elite positional player.

If only we had lost to the damn Rams....prob picking 8th or 9th and in better position for a Jets trade

If Saleh shows improvement, produces a quality win or two (for example, us upsetting Jacksonville in 2017 was a quality win), and just trends in the right direction, it won't matter. Saleh is also used to having elite talent to run that wide 9. He had 3 first rounds picks in his first year as DC on the D-line and by 2019, he had a total of 5 (Bosa, Ford, AA, Buckner, Thomas). If he wants to see anything like that, that team will need to invest in the D-line. Fortunately, they already have Williams, but will have to add to the edges.

I can't be. There's a lot to like, but truth be told, there's a lot to like with top QB prospects every year. For proof, go check out the Rosen thread the year leading up to the 2018 draft. Look at the D'Arnold thread. If Wilson slides past 6, I'd consider it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I can't be. There's a lot to like, but truth be told, there's a lot to like with top QB prospects every year. For proof, go check out the Rosen thread the year leading up to the 2018 draft. Look at the D'Arnold thread. If Wilson slides past 6, I'd consider it.

I hear you on that and don't totally disagree. I just don't think this team will be picking nearly this high again next year, so if we wanted to grab a QB in 2022 then it would take even more to get him.

I'm willing to part with our 1st, 2nd this year and 1st and 3rd next year for Zach Wilson. Whatever spot that gets us to is where I would go.
Sry
[ Edited by ltrain on Jan 17, 2021 at 1:20 PM ]

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like a trade like this seems reasonable. But I have no idea how value charts work
Just in case you are convinced we don't really need a QB upgrade somehow, someway.

These are the players left in the playoffs at this point before today's late game: Only Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Josh Allen.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like a trade like this seems reasonable. But I have no idea how value charts work

I would do that in a heartbeat

Thats a steal imo. Usually trading up in the top 10 usually requires 2 1st round picks
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Thats a steal imo. Usually trading up in the top 10 usually requires 2 1st round picks

12 to 7 is only 300 point difference, that's actually more than enough. It just depends if lions are willing to trade.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

12 to 7 is only 300 point difference, that's actually more than enough. It just depends if lions are willing to trade.
i doubt Wilson even makes it that far
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If he does, we're pulling the trigger.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If he does, we're pulling the trigger.
how could you not.. but why wait and chance it.
Share 49ersWebzone