Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB BYU

Need to trade up to at least the 4 spot if we want him
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Need to trade up to at least the 4 spot if we want him

Where did you come up with that number?
So zero chance now, right?

Which hot shot QB would you be happy with next?
Originally posted by NCommand:
So zero chance now, right?

Which hot shot QB would you be happy with next?

Aaron Rodgers. He is pretty good.

Some of ya'll would lose your s**t and I'm here for it
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 27, 2020 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I wouldn't, it's time to get our QB
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Would you be fine giving up all that? I would, but I know some would be triggered over it.
Would you be fine giving up all that? I would, but I know some would be triggered over it.

I would when it could mean we get our FQB, plus we wouldn't be the only team that has done it (if we gave up what he stated)
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 27, 2020 at 7:09 PM ]

If the Panthers had still been at 4 I could understand why we'd need to do this.

Now that the top 6 is Jags, Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, Bengals and Eagles, we could probably get away with trading into a lower spot like 5-6. I don't think we need to give all that up if we really want Zach Wilson (especially if Fields plays well on Friday).
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 27, 2020 at 7:11 PM ]

I would when it could mean we get our FQB, plus we wouldn't be the only team that has done it (if we gave up what he stated)

I'm all for it. Haven't made a real play at a QB since Alex Smith.

It would make the 2022 draft awful but IF we made that move I'd be fine with it.

In fact I'd be pretty damn excited because if Kyle felt THAT strong about Wilson it would mean some really good things for us on offense and as a team.

I just don't think Kyle would make a move with that much capital being given up but we'll find out in a few months. Would've been nice to have a top 10 pick so the move wouldn't have to be so drastic but it is what it is.

Honestly for everyone getting wet and wild over Wilson I could see us trade down and take a DE or CB and then trade up into the first to take Trask.

It wouldn't be sexy but it may still give us a better roster in the long run.
Originally posted by genus49:
It would make the 2022 draft awful but IF we made that move I'd be fine with it.

In fact I'd be pretty damn excited because if Kyle felt THAT strong about Wilson it would mean some really good things for us on offense and as a team.

I just don't think Kyle would make a move with that much capital being given up but we'll find out in a few months. Would've been nice to have a top 10 pick so the move wouldn't have to be so drastic but it is what it is.

Honestly for everyone getting wet and wild over Wilson I could see us trade down and take a DE or CB and then trade up into the first to take Trask.

It wouldn't be sexy but it may still give us a better roster in the long run.

I agree that a trade down is much more likely followed by a trade up to get their qb. I just think it would be for Mac Jones and not for Trask.

Personally, I think that's too much to give up for Wilson. I'd do it for Lawrence though
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 27, 2020 at 7:23 PM ]

Holy s**t, that's a haul. If it were for Lawrence, I'd be down. If Wilson turns out to be Ty Detmer, we'd be screwed for a decade. But hey, it's only draft picks.
Ya we would probably have to throw in our 1st in 2023 to get Lawrence, so I don't see us bleeding us dry 3 drafts in a row just for 1 player. Doing the deal for Wilson is ok but I wouldn't give up anything in 2023.

Damn tempting... We got a solid D and running game once every players are back. Great group of receivers with Kittle,Aiyuk and Deebo with some thinkering on the OL. If we somehow get some comp picks for Saleh if he leaves and hopefully Mayhew goes there or somewhere also..wouldn't be mad to trade up for a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone