LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I don't understand. CHI is loaded with offensive talent, have a decent defense, and a solid coach via Andy Reid that is finally allowed to pick his QB. Their coach was forced into Trusbisky.

Matt Nagy has his Mahomes. He has a legit #1 WR and RB. He has a very athletic WR2 in Darnell Mooney. Solid TE in Cole Kmet.

Fields is definitely set up for success.

Matt Nagy is a bad coach, there are no 2 ways about it. He is maybe the most likely firing in the nfl going into the season. Now anything is possible so who knows but to say he's been a good hc is wrong.

Beyond that, their defense is overrated/aging and lost their best CB.

They do have some offensive weapons and I love fields tho so we will see. He has a lot working against him

What about Nagy makes him a bad coach?

He's a terrible playcaller. He puts way too much focus on gimmick plays versus just making consistently good calls that wear a defense down. He might even be an okay head coach but as long as he's the HC AND the OC, that team's potential for success will be limited.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't understand. CHI is loaded with offensive talent, have a decent defense, and a solid coach via Andy Reid that is finally allowed to pick his QB. Their coach was forced into Trusbisky.

Matt Nagy has his Mahomes. He has a legit #1 WR and RB. He has a very athletic WR2 in Darnell Mooney. Solid TE in Cole Kmet.

Matt Nagy is a bad coach, there are no 2 ways about it. He is maybe the most likely firing in the nfl going into the season. Now anything is possible so who knows but to say he's been a good hc is wrong.

They do have some offensive weapons and I love fields tho so we will see. He has a lot working against him

He's a terrible playcaller. He puts way too much focus on gimmick plays versus just making consistently good calls that wear a defense down. He might even be an okay head coach but as long as he's the HC AND the OC, that team's potential for success will be limited.

Can confirm. Owned David Montgomery in fantasy his rookie season. They refused to run the ball when it was the only thing working in their offense.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Can confirm. Owned David Montgomery in fantasy his rookie season. They refused to run the ball when it was the only thing working in their offense.

Ah a fellow David Montgomery fantasy owner and Matt Nagy hater
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

lol he had a 8 game stretch where he averaged 3.1 ypc, which included a 13 attempt 22 yard game. Refusing to run wasn't the issue.
[ Edited by Jcool on May 10, 2021 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol he had a 8 game stretch where he averaged 3.1 ypc, which included a 13 attempt 22 yard game. Refusing to run wasn't the issue.

Nope. You had to watch the games. The situations in which they chose for him to run was so predictable and the designs of the plays were so bad was the reason his YPC was so low. I couldn't tell you how many times he had missed fantasy points because of Nagy refusing to run when the defense dared them to and running when the defense was clearly keying on it. It was worse than Jimmy Raye I swear.
Knowing how nfl coaching trends are if Nagy is again not getting this team to the playoffs I can see them trying to grab Joe Brady depending on how the panthers offense looks. He would make fields look pretty good.

Im sorry have you watched any bears games he has coached??
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Knowing how nfl coaching trends are if Nagy is again not getting this team to the playoffs I can see them trying to grab Joe Brady depending on how the panthers offense looks. He would make fields look pretty good.

Ryan Day is a strong possibility as well.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Man the stuff anonymous scouts/executives were saying about via The Athletic about him would have the 49ers fans that preferred Fields, throwing a fit.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

I could be wrong but I don't think he would have interest in leaving right now.

Im sorry have you watched any bears games he has coached??

I mean he's made the playoffs more times than shanny with the 49ers though...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Nope. You had to watch the games. The situations in which they chose for him to run was so predictable and the designs of the plays were so bad was the reason his YPC was so low. I couldn't tell you how many times he had missed fantasy points because of Nagy refusing to run when the defense dared them to and running when the defense was clearly keying on it. It was worse than Jimmy Raye I swear.

I live in Chicago. I see all Bears games. Not rushing wasn't the problem. Maybe you need to watch instead of following your fantasy game cast. Speaking of stats... here is a nice one from his rookie year... He placed 48th out of 50 running backs in YPC after contact.

I live in Chicago. I see all Bears games. Not rushing wasn't the problem. Maybe you need to watch instead of following your fantasy game cast. Speaking of stats... here is a nice one from his rookie year... He placed 48th out of 50 running backs in YPC after contact.

Well like I just said... it wasn't about total carries it was about situational carries and play design. Which both were much better the following season. Or do you think DM was 100% better his sophomore year after missing time with a significant injury?

That doesn't add up.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

I can see that. But I don't think Day is leaving Ohio state for a while.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone