LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 436 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Even though my buddy is a Bears fan I'm hoping this guy bombs it. NFC will be so wide open in a few years since there really aren't any young big time QBs left once Brady and Rodgers are done.

If Lance strikes gold we could be like the Patriots where we can do damage in the playoffs because we don't have to go through the toughest teams every year.

I don't expect Fields in the NFL long at all. I don't think Lance would have either with the Bears. But he will here as we have a perfect set up for a rookie.

I don't understand. CHI is loaded with offensive talent, have a decent defense, and a solid coach via Andy Reid that is finally allowed to pick his QB. Their coach was forced into Trusbisky.

Matt Nagy has his Mahomes. He has a legit #1 WR and RB. He has a very athletic WR2 in Darnell Mooney. Solid TE in Cole Kmet.

Fields is definitely set up for success.

The Bears had a franchise changing draft even if you dont include Fields. They improved drastically.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on May 4, 2021 at 8:10 AM ]

A draft night reaction from Fields. You get a little insight into his personality and how stoic he is. He's a dude that takes things very personally and sets specific goals, I can see how his "lack of enthusiasm" can be offputting to certain people and probably coaching staffs.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

A draft night reaction from Fields. You get a little insight into his personality and how stoic he is. He's a dude that takes things very personally and sets specific goals, I can see how his "lack of enthusiasm" can be offputting to certain people and probably coaching staffs.

Love the dude but his Kristen Stewart impression is spot on.
I don't understand. CHI is loaded with offensive talent, have a decent defense, and a solid coach via Andy Reid that is finally allowed to pick his QB. Their coach was forced into Trusbisky.

Matt Nagy has his Mahomes. He has a legit #1 WR and RB. He has a very athletic WR2 in Darnell Mooney. Solid TE in Cole Kmet.

Nagy is terrible. That OL is still average at best. Fields has an uphill battle

I personally am okay with it. He just delivers the goods. No need for the extra. I hope he does well against everyone except us.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Even though my buddy is a Bears fan I'm hoping this guy bombs it. NFC will be so wide open in a few years since there really aren't any young big time QBs left once Brady and Rodgers are done.

If Lance strikes gold we could be like the Patriots where we can do damage in the playoffs because we don't have to go through the toughest teams every year.

I don't expect Fields in the NFL long at all. I don't think Lance would have either with the Bears. But he will here as we have a perfect set up for a rookie.

The Bears had a franchise changing draft even if you dont include Fields. They improved drastically.

Nagy is terrible. That OL is still average at best. Fields has an uphill battle

It's not Jacksonville or NY bad. Fields blows Trubisky out of the water coming out. He should be fine.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I personally am okay with it. He just delivers the goods. No need for the extra. I hope he does well against everyone except us.

Agreed. Im rooting for him. Im sure he heard all the chirping from analysts nitpicking on things that were forced. Im happy with the Lance pick but was still hoping it was Fields. He's going to work his tail off.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol quit trying so hard NC. We get it you don't like athletic QBs that can play inside the pocket and have elite arms.

We will all be watching very closely.
go 49ers
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Agreed. Im rooting for him. Im sure he heard all the chirping from analysts nitpicking on things that were forced. Im happy with the Lance pick but was still hoping it was Fields. He's going to work his tail off.

I like his attitude, didn't moan about going lower, no talk, I'll just show them.

I think Fields was QB2 in this class. Now it'll all come down to their work, their coaches and their roster.

I'm happy where we are with Lance, I think he can overtake all of them with his smarts, work ethic and physical ability.

However with all the cr*p Fields took in the process I hope he does well (just not at our expense)
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I like his attitude, didn't moan about going lower, no talk, I'll just show them.

I think Fields was QB2 in this class. Now it'll all come down to their work, their coaches and their roster.

I'm happy where we are with Lance, I think he can overtake all of them with his smarts, work ethic and physical ability.

However with all the cr*p Fields took in the process I hope he does well (just not at our expense)

it could very well be Lance vs Fields for the next 10 years. let's just hope we have the upper hand in the potential "rivalry".

Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

it could very well be Lance vs Fields for the next 10 years. let's just hope we have the upper hand in the potential "rivalry".

I don't trust the Bears enough for this to happen, will be similar to Kyler Murray for me, show great flashes but the team just not be good enough to compete.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Matt Nagy is a bad coach, there are no 2 ways about it. He is maybe the most likely firing in the nfl going into the season. Now anything is possible so who knows but to say he's been a good hc is wrong.

Beyond that, their defense is overrated/aging and lost their best CB.

They do have some offensive weapons and I love fields tho so we will see. He has a lot working against him
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Matt Nagy is a bad coach, there are no 2 ways about it. He is maybe the most likely firing in the nfl going into the season. Now anything is possible so who knows but to say he's been a good hc is wrong.

They do have some offensive weapons and I love fields tho so we will see. He has a lot working against him

What about Nagy makes him a bad coach?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by frenchmov:

What about Nagy makes him a bad coach?

have you watched his Bears? dude's one of the worst play callers ever.
Share 49ersWebzone