There are 163 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

• Mr711
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
If Urban takes the Jags job he will draft Fields

Urban is many things but he's not dumb. Fields never even played a snap under him.

We can dream . Plus he may not have coached him but he actually played a part in luring him to Ohio St as he recruited Fields.

Plus he knows Fields a lot more than any of us. It's really not that silly of an idea.
  • Mr711
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Urban takes the Jags job he will draft Fields

Urban is many things but he's not dumb. Fields never even played a snap under him.

Even if he did coach Fields that doesn't mean he would take familiarity over the better QB prospect.

That kinda take is reminiscent of many pegging Taylor Mays to the Seahawks in 2010 because of Pete Carroll. The Hawks instead drafted Earl Thomas and the rest is history.

Who says Lawerence is a better prospect than Fields? Urban may think otherwise. I know most tab Lawerence as the best but not everyone feels that way.

Meh, horrible comparison with Taylor Mays. Mays was not a highly touted NFL prospect. Earl Thomas was lightyears above Mays as a player in college too. I get what you're saying though
We can dream . Plus he may not have coached him but he actually played a part in luring him to Ohio St as he recruited Fields.

Plus he knows Fields a lot more than any of us. It's really not that silly of an idea.

No it is a silly idea.

• Mr711
Originally posted by NYniner85:

No it is a silly idea.

Bro that was from June. As in prior to last year? I guess you missed the College Gameday where he had Fields above Lawerence. Was right around the Hiesman awards week.

It may be silly to you and I and fans but he knows a hell of a lot more than you and I. To say it's silly.... well my friend that's just silly initself. Believe it or not a lot of scouts are high on Fields.
[ Edited by MrNineSeven on Jan 14, 2021 at 5:47 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Prior to last year's college football playoff, Meyer called Lawrence "the best quarterback in college football, ever."

I had Fields and Trevor right next to each other," Meyer said in his role as a Fox analyst. "I put Trevor Lawrence first for one reason — he played one more year. That was it. The one thing I'll say about Justin Fields, because I'm very close to the situation, any concerns about him being a throwing quarterback are gone now. He's developed. He's outstanding

Interesting though, he did chose Haskins over Burrow
[ Edited by krizay on Jan 14, 2021 at 6:00 PM ]
Lmfao no way jags take fields. Lawrence is the no Brainer pick. But the draft season makes everyone go crazy. Gonna be a fun couple of months.
Who says Lawerence is a better prospect than Fields? Urban may think otherwise. I know most tab Lawerence as the best but not everyone feels that way.

Meh, horrible comparison with Taylor Mays. Mays was not a highly touted NFL prospect. Earl Thomas was lightyears above Mays as a player in college too. I get what you're saying though

Off topic but god I remember being so excited when we drafted Mays, I thought he was a poor man's Sean Taylor. I guess that's why I'm not a GM.

Anyone with eyes that isn't a complete Ohio State homer. Fields is a good QB prospect. Lawrence is the best QB prospect we've seen since Andrew Luck. He goes #1 in just about any draft class.
Bro that was from June. As in prior to last year? I guess you missed the College Gameday where he had Fields above Lawerence. Was right around the Hiesman awards week.

It may be silly to you and I and fans but he knows a hell of a lot more than you and I. To say it's silly.... well my friend that's just silly initself. Believe it or not a lot of scouts are high on Fields.

It was also reported one of the reasons he wants the job was because he gets to work with Lawrence...i like Fields too, he's not going #1

like i said let's stop being silly
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 15, 2021 at 4:22 AM ]
Fields has a chance to play in a Shanahan-type offense now.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 14, 2021 at 10:03 PM ]

I think everybody thinks Fields is top 3, if not top 2 QBs off the board. I made an offhand comment about him falling out of the first round during the championship game and folks...didn't like it. Lol
[ Edited by swayze on Jan 14, 2021 at 9:57 PM ]
How old is Meyer? Hasn't he "retired" like 2 or 3 times prior?!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Fields has a chance to play in a Shanahan-type offense now.

My best guess is they trade down or take Sewell, they need a s**t ton on that team and their GM is a build in the trenches guy.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
How old is Meyer? Hasn't he "retired" like 2 or 3 times prior?!

Interestingly, for health reasons apparently.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
My best guess is they trade down or take Sewell, they need a s**t ton on that team and their GM is a build in the trenches guy.

They already have a franchise left tackle in Becton. Not sure doubling down on tackle makes sense, no matter how good Sewell might be. If both those guys turn out to be elite, you're not going to be able to keep them together for long. If they aren't going QB then Trey Downe is probably their best option. They could add a bunch of picks and still get a guy like Slater if they did want another tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone