LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Definitely had a bad game.. I would argue that every quarterback has had one point or another but it appears everyone is already convinced otherwise, so it is what it is.

Yeah that's what kills me with some of these comments.

The Webzone has a guilty QB crush on Russell Wilson and he turned the ball over 10 times in their three loses this year. Played very poorly against the Rams. 3 picks against the Cardinals in the first game. 2 or 3 picks against Buffalo. Had the playoff game where he three multiple interceptions a few years back but won it at the end. I think that was a game against the Packers if memory serves.

Guy came in to the game literally with as many touchdown passes as incompletions on the year and with 3 interceptions yesterday doubled his career total.

One poor game and he's a bum. But, it's the Webzone where the emotional fan boys in a gameday thread want to bench the QB after one bad throw.

One bad throw?

A basket ball school made him an avg college qb Satur
Definitely had a bad game.. I would argue that every quarterback has had one point or another but it appears everyone is already convinced otherwise, so it is what it is.

The Webzone has a guilty QB crush on Russell Wilson and he turned the ball over 10 times in their three loses this year. Played very poorly against the Rams. 3 picks against the Cardinals in the first game. 2 or 3 picks against Buffalo. Had the playoff game where he three multiple interceptions a few years back but won it at the end. I think that was a game against the Packers if memory serves.

Guy came in to the game literally with as many touchdown passes as incompletions on the year and with 3 interceptions yesterday doubled his career total.

One poor game and he's a bum. But, it's the Webzone where the emotional fan boys in a gameday thread want to bench the QB after one bad throw.

One bad throw?

A basket ball school made him an avg college qb Saturday

I was going to say you don't do reading comprehension very well but then in fairness I could have spelled it out more clearly. Although, one would also think that with the mention of a gameday thread on a 49ers forum I was alluding to a 49ers quarterback and not Justin Fields.

But the real point is people act as if no quarterback on earth or no player anywhere has a poor game. A "poor game" btw which still featured 300 yards in the air and nearly another 100 on the ground.

The dude came into the game having thrown 3 interceptions in 476 pass attempts in his career. 45 touchdown passes.

Has one bad game at the hands of a "basketball school" and he's damaged goods.

That isn't player analysis. That's looking to nitpick and jumping in with "told ya so's" as soon as he slips up.

pretty sure you thought Haskins was great also, talk about fanboy lol

One bad throw?

One bad throw?

I was going to say you don't do reading comprehension very well but then in fairness I could have spelled it out more clearly. Although, one would also think that with the mention of a gameday thread on a 49ers forum I was alluding to a 49ers quarterback and not Justin Fields.

But the real point is people act as if no quarterback on earth or no player anywhere has a poor game. A "poor game" btw which still featured 300 yards in the air and nearly another 100 on the ground.

The dude came into the game having thrown 3 interceptions in 476 pass attempts in his career. 45 touchdown passes.

That isn't player analysis. That's looking to nitpick and jumping in with "told ya so's" as soon as he slips up.

Um, what?

Okay, you can't be taken seriously nor do you want to be. Grow up a little and then we'll talk. Until then, goodbye.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Penix best QB on the field today. Really like that kid, gonna be a star and playing on Sunday in a few years.

Severe injury issues are a major red flag. He's missed most of two whole seasons due to a torn ACL and a shoulder injury. Not sure he's a guy that teams will be able to depend upon long term.

Kinda like the guy we have now.

One bad throw?

One bad throw?

Um, what?

Okay, you can't be taken seriously nor do you want to be. Grow up a little and then we'll talk. Until then, goodbye.

You can ignore the reality of how he played and get all upset for people pointing it out. But in the NFL he's going to face better defenses then IU.

One bad throw?

One bad throw?

Um, what?

You can ignore the reality of how he played and get all upset for people pointing it out. But in the NFL he's going to face better defenses then IU.

That's a pretty poor way of looking at the situation.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Meh, he had a bad game, Lawrence had a string of bad games at the beginning of last year, doesn't change that they are the top QBs in 2021.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Meh, he had a bad game, Lawrence had a string of bad games at the beginning of last year, doesn't change that they are the top QBs in 2021.

This, nailed it. Lawrence was absolute trash during that timeframe against less than the #9 ranked team in the nation. It was one game, Fields is fine, he still got the W, put up 300 yards passing and almost 100 rushing with 3 TDs, they lose the game without him. His defense also did him no favors
Rough game for him but he'll be fine.
I remember very well watching Montana get crushed in Philly getting sacked 6 times in the first half only to come back and throw 4 TD passes in the 4th quarter. If someone watched only the first half they would have thought Montana was over rated or finished as a top QB. The good ones always rebound.
He'll have opportunities to overcome this. What he does against Clemson is a lot more meaningful than Indiana.

Originally posted by 49ers808:

This, nailed it. Lawrence was absolute trash during that timeframe against less than the #9 ranked team in the nation. It was one game, Fields is fine, he still got the W, put up 300 yards passing and almost 100 rushing with 3 TDs, they lose the game without him. His defense also did him no favors

Mahomes looked like dos**t vs Iowa state his last yr in college...I remember that.

Threw a couple INTs happens. Kids good and any objective fan can see it.
Ohio states IOL didnt help Fields . IU's interior defenders was in Fields face in about 1.5 seconds on NUMEROUS plays. If you watch the games and not go by box score stats some of you would know that.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Ohio states IOL didnt help Fields . IU's interior defenders was in Fields face in about 1.5 seconds on NUMEROUS plays. If you watch the games and not go by box score stats some of you would know that.

OSU is suppose to have two of the best IOL in the nation as well
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Oh come on. They haven't lost to Indiana in 25 years and were up 35-14 in this one too. They win with any qb they have. He just made some really dumb mistakes. Comically dumb ones. Which I guess is a good thing because I doubt he just randomly tosses the ball in the grasp again.

Idk, i just don't like his attitude. Very Jimmyesque with how laid back he is. My buddy whos a huge OSU homer, doesn't think he's a good leader either. If its between him, Wilson, and Lance, i rather go with the latter two. But if they are gone and hes there, you gotta draft him
Share 49ersWebzone