LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Originally posted by rathman4481:
Development time shouldn't matter as long as he develops into a good player.

You must not come here after a loss.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Development time shouldn't matter as long as he develops into a good player.

You must not come here after a loss.

The only player/coach I've seen untouched after a loss has been bosa lol.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Really wish he played this season. Love the athleticism and I think Shanahan could come up with some crazy good packages and runs plays with him. Arm is pretty good too. That wind up is a little concerning though. Need to watch more of him. Watched only 3 games of his so far

That's fair, I saw a good video on his footwork, it's mostly awesome teaching tape, the wind up comes from sinking his back leg, the QB guy thinks it's easily correctable by sitting on the back leg before starting his motion (which is very tight and quick afterwards).

To be honest if we saw him play more he probably wouldn't be available.

just like last year's LOVE, everyone is looking at him and his movement as if he's the next MAHOMES...

ATLANTA AND DETROIT are the teams that I do believe will be intrigue come draft... they both know that they wont see this kid in the 2nd round and will force the issue of taking him very very early and allow him to sit, watch and learn from Ryan and Stafford..

the problem is, will their NEW COACH and/or GM that drafted this kid will still be there if they suck ???
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Lance's game against Central Arkansas was not so pretty. Made some very nice plays with his legs, had a beautiful throw in the middle of the 4th quarter that could (should) have been a 45 yard TD. But a ton of throws way off the mark. That release....while not a total deal breaker concerns me. Only 1 game but a lot of iffy throws out of a potential top 5/10 pick.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Lance's game against Central Arkansas was not so pretty. Made some very nice plays with his legs, had a beautiful throw in the middle of the 4th quarter that could (should) have been a 45 yard TD. But a ton of throws way off the mark. That release....while not a total deal breaker concerns me. Only 1 game but a lot of iffy throws out of a potential top 5/10 pick.

Watching his game against James Madison, what the hell is it with Trey Lance and taking so much punishment when he runs? I get he's a big dude but damn...learn to slide man!
Watching his game against James Madison, what the hell is it with Trey Lance and taking so much punishment when he runs? I get he's a big dude but damn...learn to slide man!

I think it's a mentality thing "I'm stronger than you and can lay the wood" I agree that I don't want to see it in the NFL, his teammates love it though. Maybe he can keep it at the Goal line as a comprise.
Originally posted by 9moon:
just like last year's LOVE, everyone is looking at him and his movement as if he's the next MAHOMES...

ATLANTA AND DETROIT are the teams that I do believe will be intrigue come draft... they both know that they wont see this kid in the 2nd round and will force the issue of taking him very very early and allow him to sit, watch and learn from Ryan and Stafford..

the problem is, will their NEW COACH and/or GM that drafted this kid will still be there if they suck ???

I agree with this and would add Carolina, 4 is probably too early considering the development need and fact you can likely get Fields or Wilson, and the Lions may need to fix that D for their new coach.

I think he's better than Love, the tools are similar, but I see the footwork as a big plus for Lance.
After seeing Allen beat the Ravens, I'm now thinking it might be okay to use their 1st rounder on Lance. Enough with the "safe picks" like Solomon Thomas. Get me BOOM OR BUST. The coaching staff needs confidence in themselves that they can coach up Lance like how Daboll developed Josh Allen.

Garappolo can start for another two years I guess.

I think it's a mentality thing "I'm stronger than you and can lay the wood" I agree that I don't want to see it in the NFL, his teammates love it though. Maybe he can keep it at the Goal line as a comprise.

Ask Cam Newton how that went for him. Its only a matter of time before your body starts to break down from taking on so many big hits. If you're a QB you shouldn't be looking to thump anyone. Slide or get out of bounds, leave that other stuff to the RB's.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ask Cam Newton how that went for him. Its only a matter of time before your body starts to break down from taking on so many big hits. If you're a QB you shouldn't be looking to thump anyone. Slide or get out of bounds, leave that other stuff to the RB's.

I agree Phoenix. The only time he needs to do that is if he's picking up a key 3rd down or for a TD obviously. Other than that? I would be holding my breath hoping he's okay and that's not good for my heart

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I agree Phoenix. The only time he needs to do that is if he's picking up a key 3rd down or for a TD obviously. Other than that? I would be holding my breath hoping he's okay and that's not good for my heart

I completely agree with both of you, got to pick your moments, I'm not sure I want it on 3rd down in week 6. Goal line in the Superbowl on the other hand....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trey Lance is the way to go at #12.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Nice to have you on board Mayo, have you got any feelings yet?!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Nice to have you on board Mayo, have you got any feelings yet?!

Would rather go with Lance then go with Watson.
Would rather go with Lance then go with Watson.

It depends what you're giving up. Texans only trade Watson if he refuses to ever play for them again AND I think they'd want Bosa as well as a boatload of picks.

Lance would be on a rookie deal and has a ceiling just as high, who knows whether he reaches it, or how long it would take though.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 19, 2021 at 2:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone