LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Are There Any Scrambling QB's?

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
If Jimmy just had the scrambling ability of Tony Romo I would be sold. But watching his first couple games this year I really want someone who can extend the play better.

Agree. If Kyle can find a young Jimmy 2.0 type (quick release, accurate arm) in next years draft, or in Undrafted free agency that is as mobile as a Wilson or Kyle Murray, I know Kyle can coach him up. Was really disappointed Brock Rutter couldn't unseat BeatHard in training camp.

Well I think Wilson and Kyler are both incredible athletes.... I'm just saying I want someone to be like half as athletic/move in and outside the pocket. Even someone how runs like Daniel Jones would be enough.

One reason I'm I think Mullens has a chance to be as good as Jimmy is that he does a better job extending the play imo. I still think Jimmy has much better arm talent but I want to see him move better.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Are there any scrambling QB's in this upcoming draft like Lamar, Russell or Kyler?

This is the dude....
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Are there any scrambling QB's in this upcoming draft like Lamar, Russell or Kyler?

This is the dude....

If he's as good as advertised he'll go top 5-10, at worst top 15. We also won't be the only team eyeing him with the Raiders, Colts, Browns, Eagles, maybe Vikings etc. looking for an upgrade at QB too. I don't think we'll suck enough to fall in that range even with the schedule later on.
Originally posted by ninerFate:
If he's as good as advertised he'll go top 5-10, at worst top 15. We also won't be the only team eyeing him with the Raiders, Colts, Browns, Eagles, maybe Vikings etc. looking for an upgrade at QB too. I don't think we'll suck enough to fall in that range even with the schedule later on.

eagles and Vikings aren't drafting a QB...they both just gave out massive extensions to their current guy. Eagles just drafted Hurts in the 2nd (moved up I believe) as well.

Browns gonna move off the #1 pick after a couple yrs? I don't see that as likely either. They're 2-1 and he's playing fine. Like most young QBs you need a good HC. Think they finally got it.

It's not about sucking enough, it's about having enough balls and trusting your scouting department enough to make a move to get a guy that could possibly be the FQB (not saying he will be). KC did it with Mahomes. Moved from 27 to 10 overall.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hope that our scouts are there
Secret is out on running qbs, they once weren't desired but after Russell Wilson , kap, mahomes ,dude from Baltimore and Kyler Murray , they ain't a secret no more and they won't fall too low anymore either , need a top 10 now, they don't fall anymore
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Secret is out on running qbs, they once weren't desired but after Russell Wilson , kap, mahomes ,dude from Baltimore and Kyler Murray , they ain't a secret no more and they won't fall too low anymore either , need a top 10 now, they don't fall anymore

Now that the rules prohibit hitting them it works out
Share 49ersWebzone