LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

2021 WR Prospects - Way Too Early

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If they don't go QB, I hope they would trade up for Devonta Smith, dude is gonna be a baller!!!

Jaylen Waddle

I think its possible Waddle is there when we pick. Would we actually take another WR in the first? Thats the question.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think its possible Waddle is there when we pick. Would we actually take another WR in the first? Thats the question.

It would be hard for Kyle to pass on that blazing speed imo
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It would be hard for Kyle to pass on that blazing speed imo

I know none of us are really thinking WR with our first pick, but adding a guy like that makes Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, the whole offense more effective
Not quite Elijah Moore smooth, but nice. Running some nice routes too.

Proof that Chris Simms doesn't know what he's talking about. He thinks Jaylen Waddle isn't as fast as Toney!

Did he not see the Ruggs Vs Waddle race?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Josh Palmer,WR, TENN is becoming my mid round crush. Nothing flashy just seems to get the job done. Could easily be our tough guy over the middle to help move those chains while also adding some deep threat capabilities.

as i was typing this found out he has been training with Anquan Boldin.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Not quite Elijah Moore smooth, but nice. Running some nice routes too.

Is this Darden?

Edit, yes it is His height is a concern, but I would love him in the slot for us! I wonder if he's more of a late 3rd-mid 4th now instead of a late 5th-mid 6th guy?
[ Edited by irishluder on Apr 10, 2021 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Josh Palmer,WR, TENN is becoming my mid round crush. Nothing flashy just seems to get the job done. Could easily be our tough guy over the middle to help move those chains while also adding some deep threat capabilities.

as i was typing this found out he has been training with Anquan Boldin.
Played against some pretty good defenses
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Watching his highlights I can see them liking Mills too

I like that a lot of times he fools defenders by acting like hes gonna catch it one way with his hands, then catches it in a different spot. Reminds me of what AB used to do on his routes back in the day.

Edit: to clarify, I am NOT comparing this dude to AB. Lol.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Apr 10, 2021 at 3:49 PM ]
D'Wayne Eskridge?

Sorry fellas I'm not sure how to attach highlights and all that.

This dude has LONG arms and he's very fast. Also returns kicks. The arm length though! He's not very tall like Aiyuk but he's like 6' 5" with those arms! Late round sleeper?

Originally posted by Howlett49:
D'Wayne Eskridge?

This dude has LONG arms and he's very fast. Also returns kicks. The arm length though! He's not very tall like Aiyuk but he's like 6' 5" with those arms! Late round sleeper?

Dee isn't a sleeper, unfortunately. Expected to go day 2
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by Howlett49:
D'Wayne Eskridge?

Dee isn't a sleeper, unfortunately. Expected to go day 2

Makes sense because he looks like he'll be a good WR at the NFL level. I wouldn't mind grabbing him with the late 3rd if he's still there
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Why is Jaylen Waddle rated higher than/projected to be drafted ahead of DeVonta Smith?

Is it simply because Smith is like 160 (pounds)?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Why is Jaylen Waddle rated higher than/projected to be drafted ahead of DeVonta Smith?

Is it simply because Smith is like 160 (pounds)?

Primarily it's because he has game breaking speed, and the NFL loves speed. Look at John Ross, or Ruggs just last year.

Add in that while he matches Ruggs in deep speed, exceeds him in quickness in and out of breaks, and the fact that he was out producing Smith when both on the field healthy, he is thought of as the closest thing to Tyreek Hill.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 16, 2021 at 9:27 PM ]
Honestly, I want Marquise Goodwin 2.0 (from 2017) or the closest thing to it. Give me a guy with some deep speed and a willing blocker. Hard to expect much else because if said player runs great routes, is a great blocker, and/or has elite speed with even modest production, they are going on day 1 or 2.

I want to add the homerun threat. Its sad that with all of the receiver picks over the years, we only have 2 proven guys.
Share 49ersWebzone