There are 235 users in the forums

The Ones That Got Away

Henry Ruggs,loved his speed and his toughness, I think Aiyuk is going to turn into a true #1 wideout no doubt.
did`nt like giving up Breida for McKivitz,Perfer they traded ST and a pick ,uuugh!
I`m ok with Kinlaw....Anae would have been nice
Originally posted by BYisGod:
I was really hoping for Bryce Hall and Dalton Keene. Both seem to fit what we're trying to do on those respective sides of the ball.

Beware of the Pats: They snagged Keene and Asiasi.

Man they took Keene WAY earlier than expected
Originally posted by WestCoastO:
Colby Parkinson TE- Stanford
6-8" 251

This kid is a freak and Wilson might utilize his ball skills and versatility and length. I like what Schneider has done for the cheat birds we just need to keep pace.

Here we go, again.
I look at players not drafted as just that...the ones who were drafted is really all that matters. JL/KS got the players they wanted...they've proven to me they know what they're doing. They also got Trent Williams using draft picks. Anytime a SB team can come out of the draft with a starting LT, WR and DT that's a darn good draft. Aiyuk and Jennings should make a big impact on our WR corps...Aiyuk isn't big, but he's got a massive wingspan. Jennings brings size and attitude, something our WR corps needed. I know some didn't want another DT...but it made perfect sense to replace the biggest hole on the team with Buckner gone. Kinlaw has an opportunity to be an absolute monster...Kocurek is uber excited to coach him up. Keeping our DL elite is important to Lynch & Shahanan, as it should be. The OL depth is the best it's been in some time...the only position I'm still not really comfortable with is C. Garland did a credible job, but let's face it, he's not really a starting NFL C. Richburg's coming off his 2nd serious injury...quite frankly, he's undersized and/or injury prone. There's no guarantee he'll be ready for training camp, in whatever form it takes. Having some available cap space can enable signing a vet who may be a cap casualty on another team.
Ruggs and Josh Jones
I believed the first pick would be Ruggs right up to the moment the Raiders took him.
Jones I thought was an awesome prospect and a perfect scheme-fit for us. He was top on my board when we traded up with the Vikings and I started to think it was happening there for a second... alas.
I'm happy with Aiyuk and especially Kinlaw. But I'll always wonder how the team would look if we took Jones at 25 and a WR at 14.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Ruggs and Josh Jones
I believed the first pick would be Ruggs right up to the moment the Raiders took him.
Jones I thought was an awesome prospect and a perfect scheme-fit for us. He was top on my board when we traded up with the Vikings and I started to think it was happening there for a second... alas.
I'm happy with Aiyuk and especially Kinlaw. But I'll always wonder how the team would look if we took Jones at 25 and a WR at 14.

So who's better Jones or T.Williams?
I'm good with how the draft turned out, but the reckless part of me still would've loved to see us come away with Henry Ruggs, Jonathan Taylor, and Lynn Bowden. Luckily more sensible people are making smarter decisions as they build a juggernaut.
Lamb instead of Kinlaw @ 14
Gladney @ 31 and keep the 4th
Netane Muti Fresno State
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
So who's better Jones or T.Williams?

We may only have T Williams for one year. Williams is the better player right now but I wouldn't have been mad had we addressed LT at 13 or 31.

That's like saying who would you rather have Buckner or Kinlaw? Obviously Buckner is the better player but it cost $21 million/year to sign him vs. $4 million/year for Kinlaw. Trent Williams is being paid $12.5 million this year. That number could increase to $20 million/year after this season.

Tunsil just signed a 3 year $66 million extension ($22 million/year). Stanley, and Williams could all sign $20+ million/year deals next offseason.

The Dolphins were lowballing Tunsil at $18.5 million/year initially because top LTs haven't hit the market recently. Guys like Williams and Tyron Smith were locked up on long term deals from when the salary cap was much lower and Tunsil and Stanley have been playing our rookie deals.

I would have rather chosen Lamar Jackson in the 7th
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
We may only have T Williams for one year. Williams is the better player right now but I wouldn't have been mad had we addressed LT at 13 or 31.

That's like saying who would you rather have Buckner or Kinlaw? Obviously Buckner is the better player but it cost $21 million/year to sign him vs. $4 million/year for Kinlaw. Trent Williams is being paid $12.5 million this year. That number could increase to $20 million/year after this season.

Tunsil just signed a 3 year $66 million extension ($22 million/year). Stanley, and Williams could all sign $20+ million/year deals next offseason.

The Dolphins were lowballing Tunsil at $18.5 million/year initially because top LTs haven't hit the market recently. Guys like Williams and Tyron Smith were locked up on long term deals from when the salary cap was much lower and Tunsil and Stanley have been playing our rookie deals.

Certainly possible. Why by mid year the 9ers need to be talking extension if he's showing he's still got it.
Ruggs
Hennessey/Cushenberry
Johnathan Taylor
Last year, there were two players that I wanted.

1. AJ Brown over Deebo. Deebo has been great in Shanahan's offense, but AJ is a true #1 WR.

2. DK Metcalf over Jalen Hurd. This is not one that stated in the forums like AJ Brown, I didn't dream that there was any way that Metcalf would fall to the last pick of the second round. I wish Shanalynch would have traded up to get Metcalf.

This year I wanted CeeDee Lamb or Ruggs at 13. With Ruggs off the board, the choice was easy, for me at least, take CeeDee! So, just like the AJ Brown vs Deebo Samuels battle, I will be watching CeeDee vs Aiyuk. I know it's different situations for both players, but I will be looking for their body of work over the season.

So, I'm going with CeeDee Lamb at 14, keeping the 4th round pick, trading down from 31 to the 40's, drafting Blacklock, and drafting Tyler Biadasz with our 4th rounder.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Last year, there were two players that I wanted.

1. AJ Brown over Deebo. Deebo has been great in Shanahan's offense, but AJ is a true #1 WR.

2. DK Metcalf over Jalen Hurd. This is not one that stated in the forums like AJ Brown, I didn't dream that there was any way that Metcalf would fall to the last pick of the second round. I wish Shanalynch would have traded up to get Metcalf.

This year I wanted CeeDee Lamb or Ruggs at 13. With Ruggs off the board, the choice was easy, for me at least, take CeeDee! So, just like the AJ Brown vs Deebo Samuels battle, I will be watching CeeDee vs Aiyuk. I know it's different situations for both players, but I will be looking for their body of work over the season.

So, I'm going with CeeDee Lamb at 14, keeping the 4th round pick, trading down from 31 to the 40's, drafting Blacklock, and drafting Tyler Biadasz with our 4th rounder.
Exactly. DK turned out to be the freak the Hawks needed on the outside to pair with Lockett. And now with Dorsett in the fold I can see the Hawks stretching the field this year with Wilson
Share 49ersWebzone