LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Grade 49ers 1st Round in the 2020 Draft!

Grade 49ers 1st Round in the 2020 Draft!

Originally posted by WestCoastO:
D+. Kinlaw has arthritis and Aiyuk is Aiyuk

Still, better than the Seahawks draft, eh?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
A-

Both picks fit so well in our scheme.

Trading away that much hurts but we're back as a top 3 team in the NFL imo.

That's where I have it as well.
A++.
Why not? I mean, we got 2 first rounders.

Rounds 2-4: F-
Not go lie I wanted the sexy pick, but once I took it all in I was good with the picks.

Wow, with a case as well constructed as that, who can argue?
A-

Both picks fit so well in our scheme.

Trading away that much hurts but we're back as a top 3 team in the NFL imo.

Came with the same conclusion.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by wailers15:
I'll give it a C. Curious if they tried to trade back out of 31 and again from 14.

I doubt they needed to trade up from 31. I for sure thought Ruiz would fall there, but felt once they passed on a wr that may be the play.

Kinlaw and tHat knee could be worrisome.

Just see a lot of holes that need to be filled still

Oddly enough, I see 2 holes filled and not many left. OL with one of the later picks.

We didn't have a hole on the DL. We still need 2 OL, need a CB badly. Need a WR badly. Unless they're trading up I don't see another starter being drafted

We had a hole on the D line after Buckner went.

We need one O lineman, where he should play depends on where they see Brunskill.

We don't need a receiver badly, maybe not at all. Hurd should play this season if any games are played, and Taylor.

I agree it is depth from here on in for us. How many teams draft more than 2 starters in a draft, especially a team with a roster as strong as ours?

See I disagree. We are deep on the line, Taylor, Street, Blair, Jones, Bosa, Ford. Not bad.

I don't think yo I can count on Taylor who has proven he cannot stay on the field. Hurd has a long track history of injuries and if you followed his career in college then he's still so raw and unproven as a WR. More of a work in progress.

CB's: this is a huge area for us. Sherm is done, but will be on his last year. Spoon is coming into his last year and has proven to be inconsistent. Moseley will be in his final year. After that we have midgets.

The interior O-line is naked bud. Brunskill is okay but I'm not really sold on him being a starter at G.

I expect them to move some vets today which will make it more interesting.

I really don't think they needed to trade up from what I am hearing. It doesn't sound like Aiyuk was going to get picked before them
See I disagree. We are deep on the line, Taylor, Street, Blair, Jones, Bosa, Ford. Not bad.

I don't think yo I can count on Taylor who has proven he cannot stay on the field. Hurd has a long track history of injuries and if you followed his career in college then he's still so raw and unproven as a WR. More of a work in progress.

CB's: this is a huge area for us. Sherm is done, but will be on his last year. Spoon is coming into his last year and has proven to be inconsistent. Moseley will be in his final year. After that we have midgets.

The interior O-line is naked bud. Brunskill is okay but I'm not really sold on him being a starter at G.

I expect them to move some vets today which will make it more interesting.

I really don't think they needed to trade up from what I am hearing. It doesn't sound like Aiyuk was going to get picked before them

Yeah, the move up was the killer. Seems they get antsy, I think they worried GB was taking him. So they get Mims as consolation prize. That's ok

Oh it's come to this

Oh it's come to this
Hawks got a freak in Brooks he's like a Wagner/Bowman hybrid

As valid as grading a draft is before seeing the players in action: I like that we replaced Buckner and got someone at WR (because we clearly needed some help their prior to Sanders).

We basically attempted to replace what we lost this offseason....would have been nice to be able to add-to.

Oh it's come to this

Seahawks always reach in the first round and their picks turn out to be busts.

They do much better in rounds 2-5.

You seem to know a lot about the seahawks so you should know this.

Oh it's come to this

Reach. Just like LJ Collier is a Von Miller/Clowney hybrid. Lol
I gave it a C-.

Kinlaw is a really good player. He is very talented. I had him 22nd overall on my board. He has some injury issues in the past that need to be monitored. He has a great backstory of overcoming tough odds. These are all positive aspects to the player and pick.

However, when you have the best player on the board at the most important position of need, you pull the trigger. You don't play cute. The Niners need a wideout who you line up against their best CB and beats that player. No gimmick, no trickery. Just flat out wins. That is Ceedee Lamb. This is a lost opportunity.

You have to respect the Cowboys. They didn't need another star wide receiver. They needed defensive help. But, there was no way they were passing on Lamb when he dropped to them. Talent wins over everything else. The Niners had the opportunity to match talent and need, and flopped.

As for Aiyuk, he is a nice WR. A good WR. However, there were better wide receivers on the board (Mims, Pittman), and the team didn't need to sacrifice three picks to pick up a player at his talent level. We really could have used those extra mid-round picks.

As for me, I picked Lamb and Josh Jones, who will be a starting LT in the NFL. Would have been equally thrilled with Lamb and Winfield. The key player is Lamb. We were too cute, and therefore a lost opportunity.

C-
Originally posted by jreff22:
B for today. If we can trade some trash and get some day 2 picks I will be very happy.

Hard to trade trash and get picks in the 2nd or 3rd round. Lucky to get anything higher than a 5th.
Share 49ersWebzone