LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Just Curious. If the following players all miraculously dropped to 13, who would you pick?

Just Curious. If the following players all miraculously dropped to 13, who would you pick?

Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
No chance of that. We would have to include alot more to move up that far. Probably a future 1st as well.

How about Brieda? Would that be worth it?

Yeah, our 3rd or 4th string RB adds a lot to that trade
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

you seem to feel strongly about your opinion. After Mostert, who do you think is the second best RB on our roster?
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Also, Simmons may not be out of the question. If he dropped to 6th, a potential trade with the Chargers that includes our 13th and 31st for their 6th and 37th maybe with another later pick might get him and keep our 2nd pick close to what we wanted at 31.

No chance of that. We would have to include alot more to move up that far. Probably a future 1st as well.

Hard pass on giving up that much
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 7, 2020 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

you seem to feel strongly about your opinion. After Mostert, who do you think is the second best RB on our roster?

Coleman is #2 because he'll be used on passing downs. My point was more that no one will give us anything for our RBs. Mostert wouldn't get back a 3rd round pick. The idea that Breida adds a lot of value to a trade is funny.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Interesting take. Don't disagree with you at all, but who would be the odd man out of the starters in the LB corps or Secondary if they took him?

Depends on how much Single High stuff they stick with.

The great part about Simmons is you can stick him at SS and keep him around the line, or plug him in at Nickel.

He can sub in at weak side and still close plays off on the strong side, or put him on the strong side and let him take the TE.

I would have him all over the place and let him attack the football. Unlike most players, he had the range and skill set to do a lot of different things well. In coverage he is almost position-less in the way Ronnie Lott was. ( i am not saying he is a lock in to be a Pro-bowl CB like Lott, just that he has excelled in slot coverage)

There is no current player in the NFL that could do what he could do in college, you have to bring up guys like Ronnie Lott, Seth Joiner and Brian Urlacher to even begin to describe that level of versatility. I don't even like the Brian Urlacher comparison because Simmons has not shown the ability to eat that much space in a zone defense, but that is kinda as close as it gets. Only Seth Joiner spent as much time in Safety coverages, in comparison to putting his hand on the ground and blitzing. Seth could get 7 sack 4 pick seasons, but Seth didn't have Nickel CB type of coverage, and he was not the cruise missile Simmons has been.

Then you have to remind yourself, Simmons is big. Legit line backer big. He would be the biggest lber on the 49ers.

Dude is the perfect defender for this day and age in the NFL. He can take on the uber elite TEs, he can run sideline to side line with all the misdirection plays, he can shadow the mobile QBs. He is stellar.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Let's just all be glad Simmons won't be a Patriot. Scary to think about what BB could and would do with him defensively.
Okudah
Simmons
Brown
Jeudy
Wirfs in that order
Okudah because we are in win now mode AND he helps for the future. Simmons would be awesome but he would be getting kinda squeezed in somewhere at the present time. Don't get me wrong the juice is worth the squeeze (see what I id there?) but Okudah would be my pick
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Apr 8, 2020 at 10:57 AM ]
Is a 230 lb guy really getting a lot of sacks in the nfl? Seems like a luxury. How does he tackle?
I'm taking Simmons, then Jeudy, then Okudah

Tua Tagoviloa

Never going to happen but Shanahan and Lynch would premature ejaculate all over themselves if he got close to pick 13.
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us try to trade up for him. A move like that might be the goal to begin with.

@ the very least, I see what he's advertised to be as a missing piece to our puzzle in our quest for #6 this year.
Originally posted by random49er:
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us try to trade up for him. A move like that might be the goal to begin with.

@ the very least, I see what he's advertised to be as a missing piece to our puzzle in our quest for #6 this year.

If he got close enough I can see them selling the farm to try and get him. People think Shanahan is an offensive genius now, they would see another level of play calling with a young talent like Tua Tagovailoa at QB. I think with the right HC he can be just as good as Pat Mahomes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:

Trade up for Tua? You must be high.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Okudah because we are in win now mode AND he helps for the future. Simmons would be awesome but he would be getting kinda squeezed in somewhere at the present time. Don't get me wrong the juice is worth the squeeze (see what I id there?) but Okudah would be my pick

Okudah is good but Simmons is special.
Share 49ersWebzone