LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Jabari Zuniga - DE - Florida

I think we all know that counting on Ford and Blair to remain healthy is wishful thinking. So I looked at a lot of DE's who I thought could fit well in a wide 9 and have the speed to chase down RW and KM.

After a lot of searching I think I found my guy in Jabari Zuniga.

"Zuniga was a basketball player growing up, following in the footsteps of his father, Carlos, who played hoops at Tulane. Jabari Zuniga played just one year of high school football and grew four inches that year to become a legitimate SEC prospect. Zuniga redshirted in 2015 to work on his physique and study the game, which paid off the following year (25 tackles, 8.5 for loss, team-high five sacks in 13 games, three starts). He played through injuries in 2017, starting six of 10 games played (34 tackles, eight for loss, four sacks) and then starred as a junior, starting all 13 games while posting 45 stops, 11 for loss, and 6.5 sacks. Injuries haunted Zuniga throughout 2019, however, as he managed to play in just six contests (five starts) while dealing with a high ankle sprain. He came out of the gate strong early (14 tackles, seven for loss, three sacks in six games)."

- via NFL.com

He ran a 4.64 40 yard dash at 264 pounds and put up 29 reps of 225 at the combine.

Lmk what you guys think.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Sounds like he's had to overcome a lot of injuries. Should fit right in.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Sounds like he's had to overcome a lot of injuries. Should fit right in.

Not sure he falls to the 5th round. Maybe without medicals being performed. Unless we move back and acquire picks, we may need to address other needs. But I would certainly take a flyer on him. Might be a situational pass rusher, but those guys can be incredibly valuable.
Who needs another DT when you can draft a DE with legit strength, speed, and hands to play inside or outside?

but y'all keep sleeping on him.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Who needs another DT when you can draft a DE with legit strength, speed, and hands to play inside or outside?

Sounds like Solomon Thomas. Similar combine numbers too but smaller.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Hes not like ST. Hes plays much faster. He can actually rush from the outside and the inside. He has a great rip move and he can bend.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Hes not like ST. Hes plays much faster. He can actually rush from the outside and the inside. He has a great rip move and he can bend.

and he has more hand tech than a compact rip and a sloppy arm over.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Chris Simms loves him, projects him as a 2nd round pick. Compared him to Michael Strahan.

Originally posted by FL9er:
Chris Simms loves him, projects him as a 2nd round pick. Compared him to Michael Strahan.

Dude no one on here talks about him... it makes no sense.
Doesnt mean we don't like him. You have to consider

A. We currently do not possess any picks in his likely draft range

B. DE is behind a few others in terms of need.

To even think about taking Zuniga, unless you are trading future picks, I think we would have to move the 13 for a haul like 25, 58, 105. And then 31 for something like 45 and 76. Take Zuniga at 76, and use the other 4 spots for WR, DT, CB, OL.
Share 49ersWebzone