There are 282 users in the forums

Netane Muti OG Fresno State

Figured I'd makeup a page for him. Dude is a straight animal at LG. He's 6-3 315lbs with almost 11" hands.

He's uses those heavy hands real well. Once he gets them on you shows over.

He was in a pro-style offense and was asked to reach block on zone run concepts and was used as a puller on power runs. He's got no problem getting to the second level. He's got quick feet and a low center of gravity for a good anchor. He's a dog.

He's got a laundry list of injuries, which will make him drop. Multiple achilles injuries and a Lisfranc injury. He was cleared by doctors at the combine (where he put up 44 on the bench ) he was gonna workout at his pro-day but there's no pro-days.

I feel like he could be the long-term answer at either guard spot. If we want to take it slowly let Brunskill start at RG and let Muti get even healthier.

Thoughts?
Love to see that in red and gold

• krizay
  • Veteran
Think he makes it to round 5?
Dude looks nasty!
Originally posted by krizay:
Think he makes it to round 5?

I hope so
Thread of a couple pancakes 🥞

Highly injury prone? Yep. Missed more games than he actually played due to injury? Yep.

Yeah, he checks out.. Maybe he and Richburg can take turns going on IR.
I think you know I've been on Muti for a long time, but man his medicals are scary. The Achilles don't worry me as much, as when one goes, it's more likely the other goes as well. If he's there in the 5th, I say you take that chance.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Highly injury prone? Yep. Missed more games than he actually played due to injury? Yep.

Yeah, he checks out.. Maybe he and Richburg can take turns going on IR.

He's a mauler, but definitely injury prone. Missed all games in 2016 with an Achilles injury, missed all but 2018 with Achilles rupture, missed all but three games in 2019 with Lisfranc foot injury. Those aren't minor injuries.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 3, 2020 at 7:16 PM ]
I would also encourage you guys to watch the film session where Voch Lombardi breaks down the holes in his game. He definitely points out how these video snaps don't paint the whole story. He is a phone booth player but I think Kyle likes his guys to be able to be quick and move.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think you know I've been on Muti for a long time, but man his medicals are scary. The Achilles don't worry me as much, as when one goes, it's more likely the other goes as well. If he's there in the 5th, I say you take that chance.

He's been talked about as a 3rd rounder.

Originally posted by leonbanton:
I would also encourage you guys to watch the film session where Voch Lombardi breaks down the holes in his game. He definitely points out how these video snaps don't paint the whole story. He is a phone booth player but I think Kyle likes his guys to be able to be quick and move.

In case anyone has time to watch a 51 minute video on him.

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by leonbanton:

In case anyone has time to watch a 51 minute video on him.

10 min in you get the point. He's just knocking some of the hype off the train. Not a fit for our offense. Maybe some goal line packages?
Share 49ersWebzone