LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Not sold on 49ers picking a WR with 13th Pick

Originally posted by 9moon:
BECTON over any WR if all are available w/the 13th spot..

31st - This is where we go BPA.. .

We already have enough pass protection issues
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gonna be a T ala Mike McGlinchey and the Madden WZers are gonna implode. I can't wait. That said, if they go DT, I'll implode.

Walsh drafted defense high cause he knew he could scheme offense. Shanny prob the same. Would hate it if either of the lines were addressed with the first pick.

Reason being, Walsh can scheme yea. But put him with elite talent and you got the best player to ever play the game #80. Shanny needs a diff maker at WR
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gonna be a T ala Mike McGlinchey and the Madden WZers are gonna implode. I can't wait. That said, if they go DT, I'll implode.

Walsh drafted defense high cause he knew he could scheme offense. Shanny prob the same. Would hate it if either of the lines were addressed with the first pick.

Reason being, Walsh can scheme yea. But put him with elite talent and you got the best player to ever play the game #80. Shanny needs a diff maker at WR

But back then defenders could play defense. In todays game, defenders aren't allowed to play D.
So why not build a high Octane offense that can run threw the league?

I mean we already have the defensive front. J. Ramsey didn't improve the Rams the way hiring a offensive minded coach and giving him the offensive pieces to compete did. Besides, the Rams already had the defensive front 7 in place. Remember how we looked the season before last? Same DB's for the most part as last years team, with added defensive front players on the edges and added LB'ers.

We should get a lights out WR along with a O-lineman at 13 & 31 so that we can exploit the NFL rules on defense. That or grab another lights out front player; Pass rusher, run stopper, or a mid-level defender.
  • dj43
Anyone that doesn't see the need for a speed receiver in this offense needs to go watch some film of KC when Hill has not been fully healthy - things aren't the same.

I like Higgins but Ruggs' speed would be too much to pass up.
At 13 sometimes you just have to go with the best player available as teams tend to load up on the spicy position of need guys, DEs, QBs, and DTs.

WR sounds good if they are elite. I would love to see a guard but often you can get top guards late in the first. A center if they are elite perhaps?
I'm not either considering this draft is so deep at WR.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XdfJae3FQ
After watching this video and a few others, One of the top 4 OTs, Kinlaw, or Brown will be fine at 13. Scheming with Hurd healthy and on the field could be special.
Originally posted by dj43:
Anyone that doesn't see the need for a speed receiver in this offense needs to go watch some film of KC when Hill has not been fully healthy - things aren't the same.

This also. Ruggs probably would have closed easily on Jimmy's over throw.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer's mailbag from the athletic has me thinking they'll actually look to flip the pick depending on how the board shakes up.

No one in this draft plays as fast as Hill

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
BECTON over any WR if all are available w/the 13th spot..

31st - This is where we go BPA.. .

I don't think Becton gets out of the top 10.
Originally posted by dhp318:
No one in this draft plays as fast as Hill

Ruggs sure looks right there with him to me

Jimmy G is not going to out Mahomes Patrick Mahomes. Not now. Not ever. Defense is our best bet.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 25, 2020 at 5:40 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Jimmy G is not going to out Mahomes Patrick Mahomes. Not now. Not ever. Defense is our best bet.

Screw defense, we need to spend the 13th pick on BRA, Best Referee Available!!! If you're gonna try and out do Mahomes!!!

Exactly
Share 49ersWebzone