LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

If Derrick Brown is available at 13 would you draft him?

If Derrick Brown is available at 13 would you draft him?

Originally posted by Heroism:
When I see guys like Grady Jarrett and DJ jones getting drafted on day 3, I don't feel any need to draft an interior DL early.

IDL are also extremely scheme specific, so the 49ers can find an undersized, explosive penetrating DT waaaay later.

This!
Originally posted by Vai5684:
Here's my take. If Brown falls to 13th i would not hesitate ill draft him right away. Yhe only reason why we were good last year because our defense. Mainly our front 4. Team has to has to choose who block. And most of the time it buckner or bosa. Armstead was good because he was one on one most of the time. Now lost Buckner and we see team double triple teaming bosa and we will be right back where we the last couple years. I know this year wr class is really good. But we cant win if the other team keep.scoring on us.
The defense is what made us a Super Bowl team. They are not the reason we were a good team. You have us confused with the 2018 Bears. We already didn't win with the best front 4 in years. Had this thread been created saying Derrick Brown (if available) + Jalen Reagor..maybe. But the sad reality is, if teams can't block, then they will hold.
Brown imo isn't even the best fit for this team. He looks more like a two gapping DT who plugs holes and is good vs the run.

Kinlaw fits the bill more for this team BUT neither are the pass rusher that Buck was.

No way am I taking yet another DL unless like hero said he's an elite edge rusher (and we move off Ford). That's not happening so go in a different direction.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No need to draft a D-lineman with the 13th pick, just move Julian Taylor and DJ Jones up into starter roles. It's not like they haven't shown flashes of being good in the NFL and they're still on rookie contracts. Sure they won't have the same productions as DeFo but not many in the NFL or rookies can. Also Kevin Givens is also on the shelf waiting to get moved up, he's another who's shown flashes. D-line should be the least of our worries in the 1st round.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
When I see guys like Grady Jarrett and DJ jones getting drafted on day 3, I don't feel any need to draft an interior DL early.

IDL are also extremely scheme specific, so the 49ers can find an undersized, explosive penetrating DT waaaay later.

This!
Thisx2
If Brown is there the 9ers would probably get some trade up interest for him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

If Ruggs and Jeudy are gone, I'm hoping Justin Herbert is there. I can see Denver and Jacksonville calling!!! I wouldn't mind dropping down to 15 or 20. I'm betting Tampa think Herbert is just going to fall into their laps.
Brown is a monster but not entirely sure how much of a scheme fit he is. I'm more in favor of Kinlaw tbh.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If Ruggs and Jeudy are gone, I'm hoping Justin Herbert is there. I can see Denver and Jacksonville calling!!! I wouldn't mind dropping down to 15 or 20. I'm betting Tampa think Herbert is just going to fall into their laps.

Denver's very happy with Drew Lock.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Denver's very happy with Drew Lock.

Lol I forgot about him. We'll see how much they're sold on him if Herbert is on the board. New OC may think otherwise.

Denver on a QB? Nah dude they're all in with Lock. Tampa isn't drafting a QB either, Brady is fully GTD at $50M the next two yrs and can't be traded.

TB is a trade up team for a OT IMHO.
Lol I forgot about him. We'll see how much they're sold on him if Herbert is on the board. New OC may think otherwise.

Elway picked the QB not the OC. Ruggs makes all the sense in the world for them. Lock has a big arm and they're lacking a depth threat.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Denver on a QB? Nah dude they're all in with Lock. Tampa isn't drafting a QB either, Brady is fully GTD at $50M the next two yrs and can't be traded.

TB is a trade up team for a OT IMHO.

Yah didn't know Lock went 4-1 towards the ending of the season. I agree now. I still do think they could become trade partners though, say for an OT or CB.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He has such a weird build. Short, skinny limbs, despite being a huge dude.
Nope. Either an elite OT or one of the top 3 wrs.
Share 49ersWebzone