There are 255 users in the forums

If Derrick Brown is available at 13 would you draft him?

If Derrick Brown is available at 13 would you draft him?

Originally posted by pete98146:
I say yes. Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with any of the top 3 WRs but if Brown slides, I take him. He's a different type of DL than we've had in the past. Not only does he plug up the middle, he's got some great hands and has pass rush ability. Also, Brown collapses the pocket and would make life much easier for Bosa/Arm/Ford.

Also if we miss on a WR at #13, we can still trade down from #30 and grab a stud WR.

Yes. Thats what im saying. He is much better then any of dt that we have. Our defense will be good or wven better then last year. Like u siad he can even rush the passer. Is is a beast for his size. Team will still figure who to douole team with brown playing.
Originally posted by Vai5684:
I say yes. Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with any of the top 3 WRs but if Brown slides, I take him. He's a different type of DL than we've had in the past. Not only does he plug up the middle, he's got some great hands and has pass rush ability. Also, Brown collapses the pocket and would make life much easier for Bosa/Arm/Ford.

Also if we miss on a WR at #13, we can still trade down from #30 and grab a stud WR.

Yes. Thats what im saying. He is much better then any of dt that we have. Our defense will be good or wven better then last year. Like u siad he can even rush the passer. Is is a beast for his size. Team will still figure who to douole team with brown playing.

https://youtu.be/wL0BeOPAa6Q
Great discussion but I don't see him slipping past jags at 9. Kid is a beast. I love kinlaw also. I just would prefer Buck turns into Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs.
I say No
if he is there at 13 then likely all 3 WRs are gone and the OTs are gone
It is perfect scenario to trade down and draft Mims a little later and pick up maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick
Brown is the highest rated DT in quite a few circles...and I've read he's not only stellar on the field, but there are absolutely no character concerns whatsoever. Kinlaw has mad skills and is definitely beastly...with almost 35 " arms, his wingspan's incredible. Apparently, some teams have concerns about his off-field behavior. NFL Draft Profiles has Kinlaw rated at 6.70 and Brown 7.11, so there's a good deal of separation between the two. Brown's been the more consistent player, while Kinlaw's had a more uneven career. He's definitely a beast, but if the Niners were to draft him, Coach Kocurek would have some work to do. If Brown's on the board, I'd take him at #13. The notion of replacing Buckner by committee's not the answer, IMHO. The question isn't about how many 1st rounders are in the DL, it's how impactful they are. Bosa and Armstead are impactful...and if they don't replace Buckner with the best DT in this draft or Kinlaw, I think they'll live to regret it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Brown, but I'd rather go Kinlaw.

Great clip. Brown has some really heavy hands WOW. When he tackles, you notice the jolt every time. Guys a stud. Really doubt he's there at 13 but if he is, take him.
Most mock i see Jacksonville take him with ninth pick. So y dont we trade or 13 and 31 to Jacksonville for the 9th and there 2nd and take brown. Just thought
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Great clip. Brown has some really heavy hands WOW. When he tackles, you notice the jolt every time. Guys a stud. Really doubt he's there at 13 but if he is, take him.

Wow, after that clip, I might have him over Kinlaw.
BPA, Kinlaw or Brown. Then DL don't have to worry for 4 years. If not there get one of the WR, if you don't get the DT, then going to need and make sure you get a shut down corner. Only get Okuda. I think though you can still get a good wide receiver later.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
BPA, Kinlaw or Brown. Then DL don't have to worry for 4 years. If not there get one of the WR, if you don't get the DT, then going to need and make sure you get a shut down corner. Only get Okuda. I think though you can still get a good wide receiver later.

Sounds good.
we have a great rotation and we need a stud WR or a shut down corner..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kazak13:
we have a great rotation and we need a stud WR or a shut down corner..

I think Brown or Kinlaw at #13, then Mims, Jefferson or Reagor at #31.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 25, 2020 at 1:35 AM ]
2 Play by play on brown. Moves great for 6 4 320. Playmaker.

One thing ill mention is some of those tackles will be 15 yard penalties at the next level. Great motor chasng every play. Lots of hurries.

Question: was he feasting on no names?

Question: what is injury history?

https://youtu.be/sKGHCGl3r5c

https://youtu.be/xIdbdZiIkRo
Is Brown and Kinlaw a better prospect than Bucker coming out of college?
Share 49ersWebzone