There are 296 users in the forums

Henry Ruggs-WR-Bama

Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
And explain why he's Ted Ginn? He's not Djax either...he's more Tyreek Hill then anyone if we're gonna throw out comps.

He's not a go route only guy like Ginn has been his whole career

Nice charts and everything,...but how they were used and who they are can be two completely different things. I wouldn't use charts of the way coaches chose to use a player to make direct comparisons to other players,..especially if I want to project them to the next level. We have quite a few living examples on our team right now.

Yes, you have to be used in a way to produce in a way..... To an extent, you need to have a rout be an consistent extension of the offense you play in

But, keep in mind this is a Production Chart......

I think this chart tells 49er fans exactly what they want to hear, Ruggs is not a one trick pony, and he is one of the best of this crop at producing from the Slant.

The only odd thing on this chart, is you can clearly watch the mountain of tape on the guy, and see him break off routs to help his QB when he is in trouble, but they did not classify any of those as Comeback routs. I wonder if they indexed as crossing routs.

This is the biggest point of all. What is Jimmy's best throw? What does Shanahan have him throw all day?

The 'insert expletive' SLANT.

This dude will be making house calls on slant routes like Jerry Rice and John Taylor did.

That is the key thing with him. I'm not too big on us needing a deep threat after thinking about it. But Ruggs is perfect for Slant Routes and end arounds. Two staples of this offense. Being a deep threat is just a plus.

Imagine how fast he can get downfield on a screen.

Hell yes maybe we could stop the screens to Kittle.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
His conclusion from the film breakdown

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Fulton was impressive in that breakdown.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Think the Raiders will gobble up Ruggs at #12.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:

Exactly. Is that credit to Fulton or was it just inconsistency for that game alone? As much as Crock wants to point out inconsistency, how about do it for more than a few plays, not every prospect is gonna be perfect day in and day out. Also Shanahan is one of the best at scheming his receivers open, the only question I'd ask is if he can be coached up or is he just a diva who takes plays off??

Yes he was....also have of add that he will be heading to a kyle Shanahan offense.

The skill set is there. He's got stuff you can't teach and just turned 21. End of the day give me either Bama boy and I'll be stoked
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Obviously have a lot of respect for Crocker but I feel like he's overthinking Ruggs or like overselling his weak points and underselling how ridiculous he would be in Kyle's offense.
Originally posted by 91til:
Obviously have a lot of respect for Crocker but I feel like he's overthinking Ruggs or like overselling his weak points and underselling how ridiculous he would be in Kyle's offense.

I don't think he's overthinking him. I think he's just looking at some of the tape and making a call. Looking at LSU tape is certainly a good barometer on what Ruggs will be facing in the NFL.

That's the same thing our scouts and coaches will be doing, except of course with Kyle he knows what he wants to do with his offense so he can review the skills and identify if the guys have what he wants out of them.

As has been said with guys like Ruggs...you don't need them to get the ball a ton but the threat of them can go a long way. They can get 3 passes their way in a game and quickly wind up with over 100 yards and 2 TDs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Exactly. Is that credit to Fulton or was it just inconsistency for that game alone? As much as Crock wants to point out inconsistency, how about do it for more than a few plays, not every prospect is gonna be perfect day in and day out. Also Shanahan is one of the best at scheming his receivers open, the only question I'd ask is if he can be coached up or is he just a diva who takes plays off??

https://youtu.be/T8WTJeesRpc

Here is very target versus LSU, 2 of those passes were panicked throws to the wrong WR, one was light years behind him. He caught the other 3 for 68 yards.

I can sleep comfortably knowing that Shanny 2.0 can make Ruggs work.
Bump. Jeudy and Ruggs threads need to remain at top of the list above the 2nd tier WRs. Lol

• mayo49
  • Veteran
We have get ahead of the Raiders and Jets to get our WR1.
His 1.43 10 yard split is insane good.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 2, 2020 at 6:48 AM ]
We are past the apex of the curve with Ruggs.

I still want him.

Ruggs/Jeudy
Thomas
Trade down if all gone.

Easy.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
We are past the apex of the curve with Ruggs.

I still want him.

Ruggs/Jeudy
Thomas
Trade down if all gone.

Easy.

If we got Ruggs I'd be at my apex for a few days. Either that or it would be quick release like Ruggs off the line.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/31/21198008/henry-ruggs-iii-nfl-draft-2020-speed-wide-receiver-class-highlights-strengths
Share 49ersWebzone