LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

49ers Pre-Draft Visit Tracker 2020

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Welp maybe that was who Lynch was watching lol

Lol right? Becton didn't make a lot of sense for us
Originally posted by jimrat:
I wonder if they looked at Patrick Nelson from SMU, since they looking at hybrids, Nelson had 12 sacks as a DB.

Good call. Definitely seems to be a trend with tweener, safety/OLB guys. Not sure what they play there is. I guess worst case you get a special teams player, but maybe looking for a situational zone defender on throwing downs with some QB spy responsibilities.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by jimrat:
I wonder if they looked at Patrick Nelson from SMU, since they looking at hybrids, Nelson had 12 sacks as a DB.

Good call. Definitely seems to be a trend with tweener, safety/OLB guys. Not sure what they play there is. I guess worst case you get a special teams player, but maybe looking for a situational zone defender on throwing downs with some QB spy responsibilities.

With three very mobile to above average mobile QB's in our division alone, not a bad idea.

Anyone have an opinion on Jalen Elliott from watching him last year? Sounds like he's another versatile guy in the secondary.

Regarding SS, the team obviously had a noticeable drop off last year when Tartt was out and Harris played. That said, I'm really hoping Tartt can make more plays back there in the form of INTs & tackles for loss (along with just staying healthy). Would like him to be more of a playmaker back there. Maybe I'm hoping for too much...he's definitely a solid SS when he's out on the field.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I can see why they would draft Davis, Lynch loves versatility and aside from being an impact Safety, Davis played in 21 games as a CB in college.
Updated again.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Ashtyn Davis is from my town of Santa Cruz 😎
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Analysis by the Numbers:
9 OL
7 WR, TE
6 LB, S
5 TE
4 RB, DE
3 DT, CB
2 QB
1 P

Certainly matching our needs at the top.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Almost seems like the inverse would be true, where at 13 and 31 you know what prospects you want at CB and DT. Then later in the draft when there are alot more variables you have met with a bunch of different players at WR and OL to identify your late round targets.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Almost seems like the inverse would be true, where at 13 and 31 you know what prospects you want at CB and DT. Then later in the draft when there are alot more variables you have met with a bunch of different players at WR and OL to identify your late round targets.

Possible. The next step in this list is to put next to each, what projected round each player is expected to go so you get an idea of quantity and quality.

Add him to the list
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 9, 2020 at 1:00 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
That's one of your boys NY! I'm hoping if we trade down from 31 and pick up a 2nd and 3rd we can take Madubuike in the 2nd.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Madubuike is a bad man.
Share 49ersWebzone