LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Jalen Reagor TCU WR

• Kyzen
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
We wud have to trade down to get him (we have no 2nd. - 4th. rd. picks)

I mean I'd like a trade down BUT if SF values him or another prospect highly and he's sitting there at 31 I...got no problem getting him.

We don't need a crap ton of players to fill out a roster at this pt. There's depth. FA and who we resign will determine some things

Yep, he woukd be a great value @ 31.
While I do like Reagor, the concerns I have about him are the same I had about Phillip Dorsett. They are very similar players in terms of their weaknesses entering the NFL. Reagor is a little bigger and high-points better than Dorsett did coming out, but both came in with questions of route-running and consistency catching.

I still see Hamler as the SLIGHTLY better prospect overall. I would venture to say Hamler might be even faster than Reagor in terms of game speed, seems quicker, a better route runner, was more productive, was one of the best RAC players in the country, and has arguably even higher upside coming out as a sophomore. He also seemed to beat press better than Reagor did.

If you have no shot at Ruggs, Hamler or Reagor are the consolation prize. Question is.. do you wind up with an underwhelming Dorsett/Tavon Austin level of a player? Do you get a Crowder/Curtis Samuel? Or Goodwin? Or do you get a D-Jax/Tyreek Hill? Everyone's hoping for the latter.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
While I do like Reagor, the concerns I have about him are the same I had about Phillip Dorsett. They are very similar players in terms of their weaknesses entering the NFL. Reagor is a little bigger and high-points better than Dorsett did coming out, but both came in with questions of route-running and consistency catching.

I still see Hamler as the SLIGHTLY better prospect overall. I would venture to say Hamler might be even faster than Reagor in terms of game speed, seems quicker, a better route runner, was more productive, was one of the best RAC players in the country, and has arguably even higher upside coming out as a sophomore. He also seemed to beat press better than Reagor did.

If you have no shot at Ruggs, Hamler or Reagor are the consolation prize. Question is.. do you wind up with an underwhelming Dorsett/Tavon Austin level of a player? Do you get a Crowder/Curtis Samuel? Or Goodwin? Or do you get a D-Jax/Tyreek Hill? Everyone's hoping for the latter.

I get the concern for sure and Dorsett seems like a proper comparison but I do think Reagor is the better prospect but how much better is the question mark.

Like any prospect really what we don't get a read on is how the player is outside of the field. How is his work ethic, how does he prepare? Is he just a workout fiend but doesn't work on the mental part of the game? Does he watch film? etc...

I think Reagor has a few things up on Dorsett. More track record(despite being a JR with Dorsett being a SR), bigger, worse QB/team situation. And every year he played for TCU you'd be hard to say there was another better WR on the roster even as a freshman, that may be due to playing at TCU vs Miami but it's still telling.

I'm curious what the combine shows for all these guys. Not looking to drop/raise guys based on the numbers but curious to see where they stack up with former prospects.

Hamler is purely a slot guy that's my issue. I can't look at production that much in college football for WRs. System/QB are soooo important for stats at that position.

you can comp a fast WR to another fast WR good or bad. I could just as easily say he's closer to Holmes than Dorsett.

Hamler is purely a slot guy that's my issue. I can't look at production that much in college football for WRs. System/QB are soooo important for stats at that position.

you can comp a fast WR to another fast WR good or bad. I could just as easily say he's closer to Holmes than Dorsett.

See, I'm not so convinced he's only a slot. That's certainly a spot he can be dangerous and he would be a massive upgrade there, but it's very possible -- at least based on what I've seen -- that he could be a D-Jax style outside threat.

Of course like I said, he could wind up like Austin the same way Reagor could be like Dorsett. I just look at the qualities and see an effective NFL player nonetheless.

Either way, I will be very happy if we grab one of these top receivers.
Would love to draft him

I hear what you're saying about a speed/quickness perspective, but Reagors allegedly got 2" and almost 20 lbs on Hamler.

I am not suggesting we go full Balke on the measurables, but if Hamler really is that small, I have concerns about his ability to hold up.
See, I'm not so convinced he's only a slot. That's certainly a spot he can be dangerous and he would be a massive upgrade there, but it's very possible -- at least based on what I've seen -- that he could be a D-Jax style outside threat.

Of course like I said, he could wind up like Austin the same way Reagor could be like Dorsett. I just look at the qualities and see an effective NFL player nonetheless.

Crock did his breakdown of his top WRs. He's got KJ as a slot WR. Kid is like 5-9 175 and can't block. Gotta be able to block if you're playing in the slot for this team.

I do like his skill set and he's a good route runner. Not sure he's a guy who sees the field a ton with this offense though. Kinda like Richie James

Crock did his breakdown of his top WRs. He's got KJ as a slot WR. Kid is like 5-9 175 and can't block. Gotta be able to block if you're playing in the slot for this team.

I do like his skill set and he's a good route runner. Not sure he's a guy who sees the field a ton with this offense though. Kinda like Richie James

The concerns are valid for sure. While I like the player, it won't be utter heartbreak or anything if we picked someone else. There's a dozen or so other receivers I'd love to have that I think could really help us.
The concerns are valid for sure. While I like the player, it won't be utter heartbreak or anything if we picked someone else. There's a dozen or so other receivers I'd love to have that I think could really help us.

Agreed

Kyle

Welp... its a wrap. Reagor a 49er.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Welp... its a wrap. Reagor a 49er.

Yea, but can he punt and cover wide receivers?
All I want is for us to add an element we don't have, and for the player to be a future star. Is that so much to ask?
Share 49ersWebzone