There are 223 users in the forums

Jalen Reagor TCU WR

Originally posted by NYniner85:
So don't draft CeeDee Lamb? Cross Mims off the list as well Crabtree wasn't a bad WR he had jack s**t in SF for yrs. WR is a dependent position (need a good QB/play-caller).

Jalen didn't have crazy stats either, his QB was junk. Like Hero said focus on traits.

I'm not saying you write these guys off. I just think you need to be careful when you evaluate them and how they project in the NFL. Great speed and moves are fine but you need to look at strength so he can get off the line and compete for balls. Was he a product of the system. Did he just play with a great QB. All these things come into play. I see that dropped passes have been an issue. He may be able to overcome that but drops are a problem for a lot of the really fast receivers. Hill had several drops this past season. Brown at Cincinnati had issues. Big problem for Ted Ginn for much of his career. Of course we know about Goodwin.

I think some of these guys need to learn to use their speed and realize they can save another gear for when they catch the ball instead of running all out all the time.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Feb 12, 2020 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
So don't draft CeeDee Lamb? Cross Mims off the list as well Crabtree wasn't a bad WR he had jack s**t in SF for yrs. WR is a dependent position (need a good QB/play-caller).

Jalen didn't have crazy stats either, his QB was junk. Like Hero said focus on traits.

I'm not saying you write these guys off. I just think you need to be careful when you evaluate them and how they project in the NFL. Great speed and moves are fine but you need to look at strength so he can get off the line and compete for balls. Was he a product of the system. Did he just play with a great QB. All these things come into play. I see that dropped passes have been an issue. He may be able to overcome that but drops are a problem for a lot of the really fast receivers. Hill had several drops this past season. Brown at Cincinnati had issues. Big problem for Ted Ginn for much of his career. Of course we know about Goodwin.

I think some of these guys need to learn to use their speed and realize they can save another gear for when they catch the ball instead of running all out all the time.

went for 7 catches and 98 yards that game vs OSU. Okudah is looking like one of the best CBs to come out since Ramsey FWIW.

Reagor was 4th in the country in uncatchable balls thrown is way, so no his QB wasn't good

IMO he's a more athletic Will Fuller (without the injuries) he's also more explosive then Fuller with the ball in his hands. Even when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way teams HAVE to account for his speed. It opens the field for guys like Deebo/Kittle and all the other receivers.

I'm not saying he's the man or should be the pick (hopefully we can move down) BUT IMO his skill set is greatly needed for this team to take it to the next level on offense.
I have no idea where the Niners are going with this draft. I'm guessing they would prefer to move down and get an extra pick but they need to find the right trading partner. The good thing is there are a lot of good receivers this year.
Originally posted by dj43:
PFF pre-combine ranks him the #8 WR in the draft. 5-10, 195, 4.42. athletic, speed, hands go to the ball rather than waiting for it. Impact returner.

Cons: Focus drops were persistent on tape. Needs to improve details on routes and consistency of catch radius.

High ceiling, low floor starter.

if he runs a 4.42 I'll consider it a failure for him. He's a low 4.3 all day. Drops have been a bit of an issue, he's also had dogs**t throwing him the football. I also think his route running isn't that bad at all.

I saw Brad Kelly (WR draft analyst) comp him to Santonio Holmes. Which I think is a fair comp.

Holmes is a great comp, I'd love if this kid was around in the 2nd with a trade back.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
PFF pre-combine ranks him the #8 WR in the draft. 5-10, 195, 4.42. athletic, speed, hands go to the ball rather than waiting for it. Impact returner.

Cons: Focus drops were persistent on tape. Needs to improve details on routes and consistency of catch radius.

if he runs a 4.42 I'll consider it a failure for him. He's a low 4.3 all day. Drops have been a bit of an issue, he's also had dogs**t throwing him the football. I also think his route running isn't that bad at all.

I saw Brad Kelly (WR draft analyst) comp him to Santonio Holmes. Which I think is a fair comp.

Holmes is a great comp, I'd love if this kid was around in the 2nd with a trade back.

Same. I just think it would be silly to not even go after a WR in this draft. Stacked with talent.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Same. I just think it would be silly to not even go after a WR in this draft. Stacked with talent.

Yeah they have to grab one with their top 2 picks assuming a trade back, so 2nd or 3rd round, Reagor In the 2nd or Mims in the 3rd and I'm ecstatic, and a S vice versa assuming Ward walks.
Was looking at WR today and this guy immediately jumped out as the kind of guy Kyle would love but a lot in the Zone would complain about because of size.

Sign me up, especially if we can trade back and still get him in the 2nd, but I wouldn't complain if we took him at 31 either.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Was looking at WR today and this guy immediately jumped out as the kind of guy Kyle would love but a lot in the Zone would complain about because of size.

Sign me up, especially if we can trade back and still get him in the 2nd, but I wouldn't complain if we took him at 31 either.

He will be gone before #31.
Originally posted by Kyzen:

Maybe, maybe not. The combine will decide a lot, but there are a lot more WR's with first round talent than will be picked in the first.
Sounds intriguing...he may start out mostly returning kicks, which could be a good thing given how James mostly disappointed this past season. We need a difference maker in he return game and he could be that guy. I doubt Sanders will re-sign with us...he'll want more $$ than Lynch will want to pay given the upcoming extensions of Kittle & Buckner and the desire to retain Armstead.

Originally posted by Kyzen:

At this point it's impossible to tell. Draft is stacked at the position and he's not one of the elite prospects at the position. Combine could certainly help him but it's very possible he's around but only tales one team who wants speed over size at the position to take him before 31.
Originally posted by RonRon:
Id take this guy with a second if we had one, hopefully we trade back. but we really only threw deep a handful of times all season, i wonder if the draft capital is better used on IOL or Safety.

Thing is there isn't a IOL worth taken that early IMO. I also think McKinney and Delpit get drafted before 31. I'm all for giving Moore more snaps at FS if they don't resign Ward.

As far as throwing it deep, they'll have a reason to with him. Kyle has always had a speed element in the passing game until this yr. FWIW it's not all about throwing it deep either. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 13, 2020 at 5:34 AM ]
Originally posted by RonRon:
Id take this guy with a second if we had one, hopefully we trade back. but we really only threw deep a handful of times all season, i wonder if the draft capital is better used on IOL or Safety.

Thing is there isn't a IOL worth taken that early IMO. I also think McKinney and Delpit get drafted before 31. I'm all for giving Moore more snaps at FS if they don't resign Ward.

As far as throwing it deep, they'll have a reason to with him. Kyle has always had a speed element in the passing game until this yr. FWIW it's not all about throwing it deep either. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands.

What's most frustrating to me is the lack of ability to go deep not only because of the lack of speed, but the lack of protection to hold up long enough. The interior almost never allowed enough time for long routes. Outside of Staley, actually, everyone else struggled to sustain.
Originally posted by dngt49:

I dont know if this guy has his own thread, but I think he would compliment Deebo very well. Should be available betweek rounds 2-4.

"Jalen Reagor is one of the most dynamic receiving prospects in the 2020 NFL Draft. Reagor's skill set fits best when projecting forward into a vertical passing offense as a Z-receiver, where he can defeat press coverage, attack down the field and force defenses to respect his speed or pay the consequences. Reagor brings explosive burst and simultaneous control on his stems to carry himself for separation — he's got upside to work inside as a slot receiver as well. NFL starter." - The Draft Network

We wud have to trade down to get him (we have no 2nd. - 4th. rd. picks)
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
We wud have to trade down to get him (we have no 2nd. - 4th. rd. picks)

I mean I'd like a trade down BUT if SF values him or another prospect highly and he's sitting there at 31 I...got no problem getting him.

We don't need a crap ton of players to fill out a roster at this pt. There's depth. FA and who we resign will determine some things
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 13, 2020 at 10:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone