LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

2020 Reese's Senior Bowl

I am not and haven't been the biggest Nick Harris fan, but you have to realize that he was never going to show well in the 1v1 reps, and I don't think it hurt his stock much. He is tiny, but I think teams already knew that.

A center should always lose those reps, as the DT will attack the snapping hand and overwhelm. He is not going to be left 1v1 heads up vs a NT very often in the NFL and is a scheme specific zone blocker who will always have help around him. He excells on the move, reaching the second level, and in combo blocks, and will be a viable NFL zone scheme center. Like most, he will take his lumps in PP, but you'd draft him knowing that.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This Senior bowl game was meh

It's always meh. The teams are very basic and dont show much. The practices are always much more telling.

This. NFL teams generally don't give a crap about the game. Its a random exhibition and most scouts bounce on Friday after the final practice. The week of practice is ultimately what is most valuable in evaluating prospects.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I am not and haven't been the biggest Nick Harris fan, but you have to realize that he was never going to show well in the 1v1 reps, and I don't think it hurt his stock much. He is tiny, but I think teams already knew that.

A center should always lose those reps, as the DT will attack the snapping hand and overwhelm. He is not going to be left 1v1 heads up vs a NT very often in the NFL and is a scheme specific zone blocker who will always have help around him. He excells on the move, reaching the second level, and in combo blocks, and will be a viable NFL zone scheme center. Like most, he will take his lumps in PP, but you'd draft him knowing that.

He confirmed that he'll be a scheme specific player. Does anyone actually believe that Garland or Person were better players coming out of college? Nah. Harris will be fine as a reserve that can be developed into a starter for a team like the 49ers, Rams, Vikings, Packers..etc.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This Senior bowl game was meh

It's always meh. The teams are very basic and dont show much. The practices are always much more telling.

This. NFL teams generally don't give a crap about the game. Its a random exhibition and most scouts bounce on Friday after the final practice. The week of practice is ultimately what is most valuable in evaluating prospects.

Oh yeah I agree, been watching it for years, the practices is what matters most. Just thought the game sucked compared to the past couple years
The practices are definitely more important than the game. For a lot of the QBs now they have to learn to take a direct snap from under the center instead of the shotgun. You sometimes have linemen, LB's and DB's moved to a position where they are projected to play in the NFL so they are a little confused during the game. It would be a mistake to try and evaluate a player on the game performance.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The practices are definitely more important than the game. For a lot of the QBs now they have to learn to take a direct snap from under the center instead of the shotgun. You sometimes have linemen, LB's and DB's moved to a position where they are projected to play in the NFL so they are a little confused during the game. It would be a mistake to try and evaluate a player on the game performance.

This. And a lot of times guys can hide in a certain scheme or when they're around other great players. On the flip side, some guys don't get the opportunity to really shine because maybe things aren't schemes for them. Also, it's a good opportunity to evaluate players who go up against weaker competition in their league.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I mean Cushenberry was stuffing Kinlaw in one on one drills, so I don't think it's a matter of saying a center is suppose to lose those reps.

Like Phoenix stated Harris is a scheme fit IOL. He's gotta anchor better in PP. He sure as s**t didn't help his draft stock.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean Cushenberry was stuffing Kinlaw in one on one drills, so I don't think it's a matter of saying a center is suppose to lose those reps.

Like Phoenix stated Harris is a scheme fit IOL. He's gotta anchor better in PP. He sure as s**t didn't help his draft stock.

No but that could help the 49ers in acquiring him. He's clearly a guy that you only would want in a zone scheme so that reduces the number of potential suitors. I think he'd do fine as a developmental G/C prospect that could be a replacement for Garland in a year and maybe a future starter at C.

No but that could help the 49ers in acquiring him. He's clearly a guy that you only would want in a zone scheme so that reduces the number of potential suitors. I think he'd do fine as a developmental G/C prospect that could be a replacement for Garland in a year and maybe a future starter at C.

I really like this concept. But even if the Niners trade down from 32 (SB!), I'd be hard pressed to take him before the 4th or 5th.
Originally posted by Butter:
I really like this concept. But even if the Niners trade down from 32 (SB!), I'd be hard pressed to take him before the 4th or 5th.

I don't really see him going before the 5th round.

I'm fine taking him on day 3, before the draft I was seeing top 50ish and no way you can do that for a developmental scheme specific IOL. At this pt I trust this coaching staff regarding OL
Starting on the draft stuff late this year for obvious reasons. But Quartney Davis looks pretty intriguing in the later rounds at WR. Will be curious what numbers he shows at the combine.
Posted this in NT.

These dudes just raiding the Senior Bowl rosters.

Jauan Jennings
Javon Kinlaw
Jared Mayden
JaMychal Hasty
Brandon Aiyuk
Darrion Daniels
Colton McKivitz

A bunch of other SB guys that they showed interest in but didn't draft.

this dude is gonna be a problem in the NFL. hoping he doesn't end up in the NFCW

If he had to be in the NFCW I'm glad it's with us
Share 49ersWebzone