LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

WR Wisconsin Quintez Cephus

Have been wanting to post this kid, I've been watching Wisconsin only bc of Jonathan Taylor, took him for heisman ( and Taylor is from Jersey and going to be a beast ! ) but this kid only has flashed like crazy, I think he was hurt..

He's a tough kid..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 7, 2019 at 6:58 PM ]
Bump

he's another physical WR that could really thrive in a system that actually throws the ball.
Has stood out in several games
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Feel like he's got a little Dez in him. He's all about those 50/50 balls
Quintez Cephus is a very good player and hugely under rated IMO. I have some relatives in the Midwest. I've been to many Wisconsin Badgers games. He really stands out to you. He is strong and fast and has excellent hands. He is powerful and will fight for the ball in contested catches and he will break tackles too. He's pretty clutch in big moments when you need him too. He plays big and strong and powerful. He plays bigger than his size. But he is certainly not small either. He just plays bigger and more powerful than that I would say. Don't sleep on this guy. I think he can be a very good pro in the right system.

52 catches.....842 yards.....6 TD's.

6'1" 207 lbs.

Keep in mind Jonathon Taylor gets all the hand offs in that system. It's hard to put up numbers as a receiver at Wisconsin. I think if he was playing for Alabama, LSU, Clemson his numbers would be much higher. He is really a good player. I could see him have a good NFL career. Maybe even a great one. The bottom line. He is underrated. By a lot. He even played well in the Rose Bowl tonight. They certainly didn't lose that very close game because of him. He did his part.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Quintez Cephus is a very good player and hugely under rated IMO. I have some relatives in the Midwest. I've been to many Wisconsin Badgers games. He really stands out to you. He is strong and fast and has excellent hands. He is powerful and will fight for the ball in contested catches and he will break tackles too. He's pretty clutch in big moments when you need him too. He plays big and strong and powerful. He plays bigger than his size. But he is certainly not small either. He just plays bigger and more powerful than that I would say. Don't sleep on this guy. I think he can be a very good pro in the right system.

52 catches.....842 yards.....6 TD's.

6'1" 207 lbs.

Keep in mind Jonathon Taylor gets all the hand offs in that system. It's hard to put up numbers as a receiver at Wisconsin. I think if he was playing for Alabama, LSU, Clemson his numbers would be much higher. He is really a good player. I could see him have a good NFL career. Maybe even a great one. The bottom line. He is underrated. By a lot. He even played well in the Rose Bowl tonight. They certainly didn't lose that very close game because of him. He did his part.

He's good, but iono, I feel we enough smaller 6'0" - 6'1" players. Really think shanny needs some one 6'3"+
Really good player. Played very well against competition. Unfortunately due to the offense he's in he didn't get targeted at much as he should have. Could really thrive in the NFL. Would love to spend a 3rd rounder on him.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He's good, but iono, I feel we enough smaller 6'0" - 6'1" players. Really think shanny needs some one 6'3"+

I'm so sick of hearing this...just because you're tall doesn't mean you play big. Go watch this kid. He is all about 50/50 balls. His vert is stupid. He's the same size as Cooper and Hopkins who have no problem with contested catches.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm so sick of hearing this...just because you're tall doesn't mean you play big. Go watch this kid. He is all about 50/50 balls. His vert is stupid. He's the same size as Cooper and Hopkins who have no problem with contested catches.

Haha you missed the clear sarcasm

Agree completely, Dez comparison fits well, I doubt he runs fast at the combine so I could see him being around in the 3rd-4th unless a team falls in love with him, which is easy, he's a gamer and works hard.

Haha you missed the clear sarcasm

sure did

Amari Cooper 6'1" 203 lbs. A very highly productive NFL WR.

Deandre Hopkins 6'1" 212 lbs. A very highly productive NFL WR.

BTW he plays a lot bigger and more physical than he is. The first time I saw him based on how physical and aggressive and powerful he is I thought he was like 6'3" 220 lbs. He plays with that kind of power. At 6'1" 207 lbs. he is not really small. A lot of DB's are like 5'10" 185 lbs. So he is bigger than a lot of them. He is really not small and he plays bigger and more physical than his size suggests. Also again his size is not really small. Yes he will fight very powerfully for the 50/50 balls and he will come down with a lot of them. He is that type of player.

Originally posted by jersey49er:

Agree completely, Dez comparison fits well, I doubt he runs fast at the combine so I could see him being around in the 3rd-4th unless a team falls in love with him, which is easy, he's a gamer and works hard.

I think he will run a little faster than people expect. From seeing him live at some Wisconsin Badgers games I would say he is not slow and may run better than expected. That said I don't think he is a track star. I don't think he is slow like 4.6. I don't know if he is blazing like 4.3 either. I don't think so. But I would not be at all surprised if he can run a 4.5 or even 4.4 something range. Now that's just the eyeball test. I don't have a stopwatch timing him. But seeing him I would say he can run by people and get deep. He definitely has that ability IMO.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 2, 2020 at 1:09 PM ]

BTW he plays a lot bigger and more physical than he is. The first time I saw him based on how physical and aggressive and powerful he is I thought he was like 6'3" 220 lbs. He plays with that kind of power. At 6'1" 207 lbs. he is not really small. A lot of DB's are like 5'10" 185 lbs. So he is bigger than a lot of them. He is really not small and he plays bigger and more physical than his size suggests. Also again his size is not really small. Yes he will fight very powerfully for the 50/50 balls and he will come down with a lot of them. He is that type of player.

I think he will run a little faster than people expect. From seeing him live at some Wisconsin Badgers games I would say he is not slow and may run better than expected. That said I don't think he is a track star. I don't think he is slow like 4.6. I don't know if he is blazing like 4.3 either. I don't think so. But I would not be at all surprised if he can run a 4.5 or even 4.4 something range. Now that's just the eyeball test. I don't have a stopwatch timing him. But seeing him I would say he can run by people and get deep. He definitely has that ability IMO.

Yeah I think he got a D1 b-ball scholarship as well? He's got a crazy vert from what I've seen. good ball skills.

I see him as a low 4.5 guy which will drop him, I'm totally fine with it. My one issue (FO issue) is his off field stuff from the past. Everything got thrown out BUT people will have to question his character. Ton of good WRs in this class!

Yeah I think he got a D1 b-ball scholarship as well? He's got a crazy vert from what I've seen. good ball skills.

I see him as a low 4.5 guy which will drop him, I'm totally fine with it. My one issue (FO issue) is his off field stuff from the past. Everything got thrown out BUT people will have to question his character. Ton of good WRs in this class!

You've done your homework for then I have NY, what what he arrested for ?

https://www.macon.com/sports/high-school/article57973718.html

Yeah he had some basketball offers and was excellent at that too. He has a real big vertical. I think he will run pretty well. Even if it was in the low 4.5's that's enough to play in the NFL and be effective. He is a good player and an excellent athlete. Yes he has real good ball skills.
Share 49ersWebzone