There are 212 users in the forums

Kyle Dugger-SS-Lenoir-Rhyne

Small school safety prospect that has been absolutely balling out of his mind. Tremendous size and athleticism for the position, he's basically everything you're looking for in a strong safety. Dugger winding up at Lenoir-Rhyne is some sort of mishap because this is the caliber of player that should be playing and starting at Bama or Ohio State so its tough to fully evaluate him...watch this return and you'll see what I mean, he looks like he's playing with middle schoolers.

I could definitely see him moving to weakside LB in the NFL or just staying at strong safety. He's got the size, speed and coverage ability for either position.
Good find! WR and Safety are clearly our biggest needs still.
we will need a 2nd. - 4th. rounder to get this guy tho. Unless he performs well in bowls games/playoffs, and at Combine.
He is also able to play FS, I believe he will be a 2nd rounder , maybe first because he will kill at the Combines. He is bigger and likely much faster than Delpit. Delpit is of course NFL ready while Dugger would be a project. Delpit has a enormously higher floor but Dugger has the higher ceiling
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
He is also able to play FS, I believe he will be a 2nd rounder , maybe first because he will kill at the Combines. He is bigger and likely much faster than Delpit. Delpit is of course NFL ready while Dugger would be a project. Delpit has a enormously higher floor but Dugger has the higher ceiling

IMO Xavier McKinney has played better than Delpit this yr. The kid from Cal is intriguing as well.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Small school safety prospect that has been absolutely balling out of his mind. Tremendous size and athleticism for the position, he's basically everything you're looking for in a strong safety. Dugger winding up at Lenoir-Rhyne is some sort of mishap because this is the caliber of player that should be playing and starting at Bama or Ohio State so its tough to fully evaluate him...watch this return and you'll see what I mean, he looks like he's playing with middle schoolers.

I could definitely see him moving to weakside LB in the NFL or just staying at strong safety. He's got the size, speed and coverage ability for either position.

He would no doubt be a fantastic fit in that role for our scheme. Let's see how he does with the top competition. Would expect him to need some time to adjust.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

IMO Xavier McKinney has played better than Delpit this yr. The kid from Cal is intriguing as well.

Same. I soured on Delpit this year and now think he's a bit overrated based on his early success
Dugger had a great 1st day. He's one of the guys that can skyrocket his stock there
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I hate to correct you Phoenix but this kid with his speed and ability to cover is the perfect Free Safety, He is able to play SS but he actually is a Natural FS

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Most sites had him as being available on Day 3 of the draft... You can forget that now! The big question is if he will climb all the way in to the first round. My best guess will be early 2nd round, only because I see a run of QBs, WRs , OLs and CBs dominating the 1st round. Would JL pull the trigger on him with the last pick of the 1st round? He would look nice in our secondary for sure
Most sites had him as being available on Day 3 of the draft... You can forget that now! The big question is if he will climb all the way in to the first round. My best guess will be early 2nd round, only because I see a run of QBs, WRs , OLs and CBs dominating the 1st round. Would JL pull the trigger on him with the last pick of the 1st round? He would look nice in our secondary for sure

No way he's a 1st rd pick...he's not one of the top 32 prospects in this draft class. Top 100 possibly.

SF will do everything in their power to move down unless some elite stud drops for whatever reason.

No reaching when you have nothing for picks
Can't believe how well this kid moves being that swole!
Share 49ersWebzone