There are 208 users in the forums

WR class 2020

Originally posted by glorydayz:
This is great since we don't need to take a WR with our 1st round pick unless we don't re-sign Sanders.

Can we find a good one in the later rounds in this upcoming draft?

I hope so because I don't want them to take a WR with out 1st pick.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
This is great since we don't need to take a WR with our 1st round pick unless we don't re-sign Sanders.

It all depends on if someone falls, bc if players like Higgins, Ruggs or Shenault are there I'm taking them.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4240028/tamorrion-terry

WR Tamorrion Terry FSU 6'4 205

If he declares he's a kid to keep an eye on, if he had a legit QB at FSU he would've put up even better numbers, his burst and YAC are special.

My mid-late rd guy if declares. Not afraid to cross the middle, high point the ball, contested catches, good speed for a tall WR that can take the top off of defense and KS's favorite, YAC.
I think Terry is returning
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think Terry is returning

Wouldn't make much sense to me if so

It all depends on if someone falls, bc if players like Higgins, Ruggs or Shenault are there I'm taking them.

If you take one of then in round 1, which one of our current receivers heads to the bench?

Sanders or Samuels?

Who gets cut?

Bourne, Hurd, Pettis, or Taylor?

I'm assuming M. Goodwin is gone when this season ends.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Jan 5, 2020 at 5:57 PM ]

If you take one of then in round 1, which one of our current receivers heads to the bench?

Sanders or Samuels?

Who gets cut?

Bourne, Hurd, Pettis, or Taylor?

I'm assuming M. Goodwin is gone when this season ends.

You still start the season with Sanders and Deebo as starters. But the rookie would work in as much as possible. Sanders is not a long term answer. But he'd still be a solid starter next year.

No player drafted at the end of the first should be handed a starting role their first year, or even expected to win one that year. But that's a great place to draft a guy that can be a long term starter.

Hurd makes the team most likely because we don't know what he can do. But Pettis and Taylor are both guys who need to earn a spot. Bourne is solid but not amazing. Basically he's the guy Pettis or Taylor would need to beat out. And they might not.
I'd be willing to resign sanders on a 1 year deal and draft a wr like quartey Davis to develop
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I was watching a few App State games last week since they run a heavy zone blocking scheme and Virgil is an interesting player that stood out. Not the greatest route runner but he's got true homerun speed and then some. He's like a bigger Goodwin.

I really want a burner and just continue to add more speed on the offense
Ok so seriously... We all know this class is totally loaded at WR and so there will be more quality guys available late than normal.

But let's look at this closer and with a little more specificity.

WR is no longer a premiere position where the top guys are sure to go in the first round. In the last few drafts the second round is where a lot of the top WR prospects have been drafted, with only a few guys being taken in the first round. In a class everyone knows is loaded, I'm not sure WRs will be going earlier than normal.

So even if we say that Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy and Shenault are the top 4 guys, I think expecting all of them to go in the first is unrealistic. I think 2 will go in the first and 2 will go in the top of the second, because that's how recent drafts have gone.

Now the real question.... who goes between the second and fourth rounds? And who is still there in the fifth and sixth rounds?

Denzel Mims
Van Jefferson
Collin Johnson
Jauan Jennings
Bryan Edwards
Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Michael Pittman Jr

That's just few of the many, many names in this draft, and they aren't all going in the first two rounds. But would any of them be there in the fifth?

For reference, last year there were 2 WRs taken in the first, 14 from the second to fourth, and 12 from the fifth to seventh rounds. Assuming we don't trade or take a WR with our first round pick, how many WRs could realistically get drafted before our fifth round pick? I think 20 would be high... So are there guys in that top 20 to 30 range we'd be happy with? Is it reasonable to hope for a starter at that point?

I'm not advocating for waiting until the fifth round. I'm just curious what names people think might be there late. Would we need to either trade or use our first to get a starting get WR in this draft?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I was watching a few App State games last week since they run a heavy zone blocking scheme and Virgil is an interesting player that stood out. Not the greatest route runner but he's got true homerun speed and then some. He's like a bigger Goodwin.

Nice, I'm gonna have to check him out! He get invited to the combine?

Another fast/explosive guy is Jeff Thomas at Miami. 4 star guy.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Ok so seriously... We all know this class is totally loaded at WR and so there will be more quality guys available late than normal.

WR is no longer a premiere position where the top guys are sure to go in the first round. In the last few drafts the second round is where a lot of the top WR prospects have been drafted, with only a few guys being taken in the first round. In a class everyone knows is loaded, I'm not sure WRs will be going earlier than normal.

So even if we say that Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy and Shenault are the top 4 guys, I think expecting all of them to go in the first is unrealistic. I think 2 will go in the first and 2 will go in the top of the second, because that's how recent drafts have gone.

Now the real question.... who goes between the second and fourth rounds? And who is still there in the fifth and sixth rounds?

Denzel Mims
Van Jefferson
Collin Johnson
Jauan Jennings
Bryan Edwards
Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Michael Pittman Jr

That's just few of the many, many names in this draft, and they aren't all going in the first two rounds. But would any of them be there in the fifth?

For reference, last year there were 2 WRs taken in the first, 14 from the second to fourth, and 12 from the fifth to seventh rounds. Assuming we don't trade or take a WR with our first round pick, how many WRs could realistically get drafted before our fifth round pick? I think 20 would be high... So are there guys in that top 20 to 30 range we'd be happy with? Is it reasonable to hope for a starter at that point?

I'm not advocating for waiting until the fifth round. I'm just curious what names people think might be there late. Would we need to either trade or use our first to get a starting get WR in this draft?

Can't look at past drafts to determine how many guys go in the 1st imo. This draft is epic at WR. I won't be shocked if 5/6 WRs go in the 1st. Ruggs/Jeudy/Higgins/lamb/Shenault/Reagor all look poised to go in the 1st or high 2nd (Reagor), so long as their medicals check out and they don't bomb the combine.

Guys I like after the first for SF are Hamler/Aiyuk/mims/Edwards/Quartney Davis/Jeff Thomas because they all have speed.

There's a bunch of great WRs that will be around later for sure.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Denzel Mims
Van Jefferson
Collin Johnson
Jauan Jennings
Bryan Edwards
Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Michael Pittman Jr

Can't look at past drafts to determine how many guys go in the 1st imo. This draft is epic at WR. I won't be shocked if 5/6 WRs go in the 1st. Ruggs/Jeudy/Higgins/lamb/Shenault/Reagor all look poised to go in the 1st or high 2nd (Reagor), so long as their medicals check out and they don't bomb the combine.

Guys I like after the first for SF are Hamler/Aiyuk/mims/Edwards/Quartney Davis/Jeff Thomas because they all have speed.

There's a bunch of great WRs that will be around later for sure.

Do you like AGG from Liberty ???
Share 49ersWebzone