There are 152 users in the forums

WR class 2020

For all you SEC-lovin Bama fans,...there's that!!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle said Aiyuk was in play at 13. In fact, he was Kyle's highest rated WR in the draft.

Oh lord, the reactions on here would've been amazing if the Niners took Aiyuk with CeeDee and Jeudy on the board.

Lol! He was on knbr and I heard it.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Kyle said Aiyuk was in play at 13. In fact, he was Kyle's highest rated WR in the draft.

Oh lord, the reactions on here would've been amazing if the Niners took Aiyuk with CeeDee and Jeudy on the board.

Lol! He was on knbr and I heard it.

Board would've straight up CRASHED if Aiyuk had been taken top 15. I admit I would've been a bit pissed too lol. Initially at least. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Aiyuk, even though he wasn't my favorite. He could wind up a similar player to Stefon Diggs, although of course he has more upside coming out as a prospect than Diggs did. On the high end though, to be very frank, if Aiyuk surpasses all expectations, he has the physical toolkit to be on the OBJ level, and I think that's what Shanahan sees.

Neither OBJ nor BA are tall receivers over 6-0, and neither timed sub 4.4 forties. In case people forget, those 40 times and height measurables mean nothing beyond the extent that you are able to have a slight advantage over another player in certain situations only. For the majority of plays, you have to be good enough in all the other aspects to be able to get to the point where you can use those physical advantages.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 24, 2020 at 7:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Oh man, I can't wait to see the reactions on here if the Niners draft Javon Kinlaw with all three top WRs on the board.

Lol!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Aiyuk number 5 but Jefferson is also More of a slot. They all got pick along with Reagor before we traded up. Shany was probably getting nervous that some team was going to take him.

Kyle doesn't understand player value IMO. Hopefully Lynch told him drafting him at 13 would be a terrible idea.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Oh man, I can't wait to see the reactions on here if the Niners draft Javon Kinlaw with all three top WRs on the board.

Lol!

Hero spoke it into existence, except Ruggs was gone. I personally wanted Lamb but Aiyuk was the number 5 receiver on my board and Kinlaw has really grown on me the last two weeks. His upside is great. I'm happy with our draft picks.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 24, 2020 at 8:30 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Kyle doesn't understand player value IMO. Hopefully Lynch told him drafting him at 13 would be a terrible idea.

Player Value is an armchair draftguru concept. You never hear coaches and GMs talk about it in their interviews because you can't actually create a winning team that way.

Make a plan for a guy you want on your team and go get him. You never know if one team wants your guy really bad and will make the move to get him 1 spot before you.

The fact that Lynch has twice now traded back 1 spot in the first round shows you how true this is.
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 24, 2020 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Player Value is an armchair draftguru concept. You never hear coaches and GMs talk about it in their interviews because you can't actually create a winning team that way.

Make a plan for a guy you want on your team and go get him. You never know if one team wants your guy really bad and will make the move to get him 1 spot before you.

The fact that Lynch has twice now traded back 1 spot in the first round shows you how true this is.

Drafting players you can get in the back half, in the first half, is bad value. We waited for Aiyuk and didn't panic early, it was smart. Shanny locks onto players a lot and we end up moving up for them.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need a man up in this b***h!

This doesn't work for you?

He was our "top receiver" heading into training camp last year

Man issues

SMH

Some of y'all homophobes really exposing yourselves lol
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Some of y'all homophobes really exposing yourselves lol

No one said anything about his sexuality well except You.
If he ever hustles like Dennis Rodman, I'm all for the look. Until then...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Personal Top 10:
1. Lamb
2. Jeudy
3. Mims
4. Edwards (IF CONSISTENTLY HEALTHY)
5. Pittman
6. Ruggs
7. Aiyuk
8. Reagor
9. Hamler
10. Darnell Mooney

I don't care that Mooney isn't touted by other sources. I know what I see and trust my track record. Barring injury, I think he can be really successful over time in the NFL if he gets a shot.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/quick-hits-robinson-knew-mooney-was-special Just saying.

As far as their stats so far:

1. Lamb - 11 rec for 165 yds in 2 games.
2. Jeudy - 8 rec for 118 yds in 2 games.
3. Mims - IR
4. Edwards - 3 rec for 51 yds in 2 games.
5. Pittman - 6 rec for 47 yds in 2 games.
6. Ruggs - 4 rec for 59 yds, 2 rushes for 11 yards in 2 games.
7. Aiyuk - 2 catches for 21 yds in 1 game.
8. Reagor - 5 rec for 96 yds in 2 games.
9. Hamler - 3 rec for 48 yds in 1 game.
10. Darnell Mooney - 6 rec for 74 yards, 1 TD in 2 games.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 24, 2020 at 11:16 AM ]
How do you have top 10 WRs and no Shenault???

He's a clear 1st round talent. Only question is staying healthy
Share 49ersWebzone