LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk | ASU WR | 6-0, 203, 4.45

• krizay
  • Veteran
I too agree that a WR upgrade was needed. That wasn't what this conversation was about though.

Worth 31st pick
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Perhaps the most complete WR in the draft.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Should be good to go.

[ Edited by okdkid on Apr 7, 2020 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Should be good to go.

Will this affect his draft stock?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

No. He ran a 4.5 *with* core and groin injuries. Never had an injury problem in season.

There's no OTAs to miss anyways. Should be a non factor.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

No. He ran a 4.5 *with* core and groin injuries. Never had an injury problem in season.

There's no OTAs to miss anyways. Should be a non factor.

I mentioned earlier that this could have affected his time with these injuries. Plays way faster on tape. My first choice after the big 3. Honestly, I like him after Jeudy and Ruggs relative to where he gets drafted
  • krizay
  • Veteran
https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-2020-receivers-in-class-most-Pro-Bowl-potential-Henry-Ruggs-III-Jerry-Jeudy-Justin-Jefferson-Brandon-Aiyuk-CeeDee-Lamb-Tee-Higgins-145948824/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Brugler's comparison for Aiyuk.

5. Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State: "The definition of a playmaker is a player who turns small plays into big plays and that is exactly what Aiyuk can do with his dynamic athleticism, projecting similar to Emmanuel Sanders (his skill set, role and impact) at the NFL level."

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

5. Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State: "The definition of a playmaker is a player who turns small plays into big plays and that is exactly what Aiyuk can do with his dynamic athleticism, projecting similar to Emmanuel Sanders (his skill set, role and impact) at the NFL level."

I said the same watching him. Looks exactly like Eman to me

I see it.
Originally posted by krizay:
I said the same watching him. Looks exactly like Eman to me

Also:

NFC personnel executive: "Lamb, Shenault and Aiyuk aren't your natural, traditional, fluid, route-running receivers. They're almost Anquan Boldin types, but today people say Deebo Samuel. You get the ball out quick, run after catch, end around, slip screens, that kind of stuff they're doing so much more now of with receivers."

Makes a lot of sense that the 49ers would show interest in all three, although Shenault's injury issues could scare several teams off.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Also:

NFC personnel executive: "Lamb, Shenault and Aiyuk aren't your natural, traditional, fluid, route-running receivers. They're almost Anquan Boldin types, but today people say Deebo Samuel. You get the ball out quick, run after catch, end around, slip screens, that kind of stuff they're doing so much more now of with receivers."

Makes a lot of sense that the 49ers would show interest in all three, although Shenault's injury issues could scare several teams off.

did we bring aiyuk in
although Shenault's injury issues could scare several teams off.

Which is precisely why he'll be a 49er.
Share 49ersWebzone