LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Ke'Shawn Vaughn-RB-Vanderbilt

Keep an eye on Vaughn through the draft process. He is a pretty prototypical Shanahan RB, reminds me a lot of Alfred Morris but faster. Very tough, hard-nosed back that relishes contact, quick to find the cutback and difficult to bring down in the open field. Also comes with a good feel for the passing game and some reliable hands.

Me like...keep that stable nice and fresh
Now that the season is over...still one of my favorite RBs, could get lost in the shuffle of a deep RB class.

Would LOVE to get this guy !! But, we don't have the draft capital to get him (2nd.-4th. rd. picks). If we can trade down and acquire more pics, then by all means..

Still see him as a perfect fit for this offense. Someone to keep an eye on in the later rounds.
On an undermanned football team he had to shoulder the load this year. He's kind of been forgotten about." Vaughn started eight of 22 games for the Illini and 21 of 24 for the Commodores. "He can get the home run and the tough yards," another scout said. "He (has) explosive speed. He has improved in the passing game but he's still not ideal." He finished with 572 carries for 3,296 (5.8) and 30 TDs to go with 67 receptions. "He's stiff in the ankles and he played with nobody, but he's a tough son of a gun now," a third scout said. "He's tough as s**t. He played a lot better last year (2018) when (Pat) Shurmur's kid (Kyle) was the quarterback." Vaughn is from Nashville.

https://theathletic.com/1754725/2020/04/18/mcginns-nfl-draft-series-scouts-on-top-running-backs/
Share 49ersWebzone