LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 452 users in the forums

Douglas Coleman Texas Tech Safety

With the uncertainty of Jimmie Wards health and FA status after the season and Moore leaving a lot to be desired of our Eraser position, I been looking at some Safeties in College games.

Currently leading college football with 6 picks, Coleman is someone to keep an eye on. Part time player early years and full time Nickel last year, kid looks to have something at free safety as a Senior. 6'1" 200lbs, absolute hawk so far and has good range and sticky abilities one on one when in single coverage. Kind of a slight frame but doesn't shy away from contact and gets his tackles in games.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
With the uncertainty of Jimmie Wards health and FA status after the season and Moore leaving a lot to be desired of our Eraser position, I been looking at some Safeties in College games.

Currently leading college football with 6 picks, Coleman is someone to keep an eye on. Part time player early years and full time Nickel last year, kid looks to have something at free safety as a Senior. 6'1" 200lbs, absolute hawk so far and has good range and sticky abilities one on one when in single coverage. Kind of a slight frame but doesn't shy away from contact and gets his tackles in games.

Dude can play !!! If were picking near end of 1st rd., or if he is der in the 2nd., grab him
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Dude can play !!! If were picking near end of 1st rd., or if he is der in the 2nd., grab him

Right now I'm thinking more mid-late rounds. Which makes me even more interested. He's not a household name. Of course it all could change cause It's way too early for any draft range talk
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
8 INTs
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Right now I'm thinking more mid-late rounds. Which makes me even more interested. He's not a household name. Of course it all could change cause It's way too early for any draft range talk

In this safety class I think he goes anywhere from early 2nd to late 3rd. Guys like with all the production tend to blow up if they have decent offseason showings too. I love the way he tracks the football down the field, playing it more like the WR he once was then your typical DB.
Share 49ersWebzone