LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State

The new rule that will allow players to make money off their name will go a long way toward stopping this kind of thing. It's mostly the top players that will earn anything but those are the ones that would be targets for bribes. I doubt the schools will ever actually pay the players because where do you draw the line. If you pay only basketball and football players the other sports would be screaming and it would end up in court. The schools couldn't afford to pay all athletes and would have to pull their scholarships if they did.
Originally posted by Jcool:
wow dumb thing to do

Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Idiot. Wow.

A great athlete but he doesn't use his head.

Not sure how this hurts him any at all. Might hurt Ohio State some if he's missing more than a game but this dude is set to cash in as a high draft pick.

The scary thing is that Ohio State might have an even bigger freak edge in Harrison to come in and pinch hit for them.

Is why college players need to start getting paid. This would be a non issue if the NCAA wasnt so far up their own a*****e.

So they cant even borrow money?? Which he has REPAID? I know I borrow money from family and friends sometimes I'm glad the high school I coach for doesnt band me. In my opinion this is ridiculous
The fact that the person he borrowed from is a registered agent with the league is the problem.
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 9, 2019 at 8:51 AM ]
Idiot. Wow.

Not sure how this hurts him any at all. Might hurt Ohio State some if he's missing more than a game but this dude is set to cash in as a high draft pick.

The scary thing is that Ohio State might have an even bigger freak edge in Harrison to come in and pinch hit for them.

How do they keep doing this? What do you mean might have? If what you say is true, that is 3 times in the next, however many years, the Ohio State potentially has the best player in the draft. Not one of the best, but the best. It's unreal.

With that said....Niners fans, give it up. We ain't getting Chase Young unless we give up the 2020 and 2021 drafts lol.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Idiot. Wow.

It won't matter for him in the long run. It will probably be better for him not to play in college anymore and risk injury. He's already a top prospect.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Idiot. Wow.

I hope this is sarcasm. Borrowing some money from family for a plane ticket is nothing.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hope this is sarcasm. Borrowing some money from family for a plane ticket is nothing.

Except if you knew that's against the rules, foolish as the rule is, then you are dumb
Time to draft a stud OL...or even two. Re-sign Armstead.
Heard he's slipping to 32 now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Heard he's slipping to 32 now.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Except if you knew that's against the rules, foolish as the rule is, then you are dumb

Only if you regard these kids as mere slave commodities do you say things like this.
Originally posted by WINiner:
The fact that the person he borrowed from is a registered agent with the league is the problem.

Ok. That begins to make sense if he borrowed money from an agent. If it was borrowing money from some friend who is just a plumber (or a professional of some other field) I would question any punishment. But an actual agent registered with the NFL provides a valid reason for punishment under existing rules, regardless if the existing system is broken.
Man he is just a monster. Would love to see him win the Heisman
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Man he is just a monster. Would love to see him win the Heisman

I hope he gets drafted by some AFC team. He's going to be a pass rushing terror. Rooting for the Cardinals to win out so that he's not anywhere in their general draft vicinity.
I hope he gets drafted by some AFC team. He's going to be a pass rushing terror. Rooting for the Cardinals to win out so that he's not anywhere in their general draft vicinity.

Hope he goes to the jets. He's gonna be a top 2 pick without question.
Share 49ersWebzone