LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Phoenix's prospects to watch:2020 edition.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't see us taking WR early next draft. Ruggs is a playmaker for sure tho.

Kyle will need to find another diamond in the rough without our 2nd rounder next year. OL and S need to be high up on our list. CB as well.

Oh I know....it was a head scratcher to me going WR early this past draft. There's so many good WRs in this draft smh

Agreed man. SMDH
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Kyle will need to find another diamond in the rough without our 2nd rounder next year. OL and S need to be high up on our list. CB as well.

Oh I know....it was a head scratcher to me going WR early this past draft. There's so many good WRs in this draft smh

Agreed man. SMDH

Because delaying a need can get you in trouble if things don't go your way.
[ Edited by Nastastical on Sep 21, 2019 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Agreed man. SMDH

Because delaying a need can get you in trouble if things don't go your way.

See O-line lol.

I'm not against the Samuel or Hurd pick. I just think we could've used draft capital better by moving down to net other picks and still being in position to draft those guys. I'm okay with our group as is and it appears we have a very well rounded group. As it stands, there is no need to draft receiver early. With that said, it seems the stars are aligned with the DB and O-line talent available.
Corey Dauphine, RB from Tulane, is the next Matt Breida.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This next draft I would like to go O-line in the 1st and 3rd. Yes, it's not sexy, but Jimmy G. is so lets beef up the O-line to protect him!!!

Not sure where these two are projected but would love:

Jon Runyan 6'4" 310 - OG - Michigan

Ezra Cleveland 6'5" 310 - OT - Boise St.
KS seems to like WRs that have YAC ability, returners.

Brandon Aiyuk on ASU fits that bill. Listed as 6'1 205lbs, but looks more like 215sh. Currently 12th in nation in yards.

He's pretty good with the ball in his hands, he's strong, haven't seen him drop a pass yet. Not a deep-burner. Probably mid 4.5 speed. Comparable player type: JuJu Smith Schuster. I'd guess he's a 4th-5th rounder.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 27, 2019 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Brandon Aiyuk on ASU fits that bill. Listed as 6'1 205lbs, but looks more like 215sh. Currently 12th in nation in yards.

He's pretty good with the ball in his hands, he's strong, haven't seen him drop a pass yet. Not a deep-burner. Probably mid 4.5 speed. Comparable player type: JuJu Smith Schuster. I'd guess he's a 4th-5th rounder.

My guys outside of the first are Tylan Wallace and Devin Duvernay. I see Deebo and Wallace outside, Duvernay in the slot, Hurd as an OW, and Pettis sprinkled in.
I can't see the Niners drafting another WR early. They've invested three day-two picks at WR in the last two draft. Those guys need to be developed. And if they aren't developing, someone's head needs to roll. Throwing draft picks at WR is what bad teams do, and I can't see Kyle doing that.

Furthermore, there are more pressing needs at positions of more importance like CB, OL and EDGE. There's a chance half the DL walks in the offseason, and with Dee Ford's long-term health not looking good, Niners may need to use their day two pick on an edge. I haven't perused through this edge class, but someone like Chase Winovich would've been perfect.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 27, 2019 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I can't see the Niners drafting another WR early. They've invested three day-two picks at WR in the last two draft. Those guys need to be developed. And if they aren't developing, someone's head needs to roll. Throwing draft picks at WR is what bad teams do, and I can't see Kyle doing that.

Furthermore, there are more pressing needs at positions of more importance like CB, OL and EDGE. There's a chance half the DL walks in the offseason, and with Dee Ford's long-term health not looking good, Niners may need to use their day two pick on an edge. I haven't perused through this edge class, but someone like Chase Winovich would've been perfect.

Agreed. They already have 6 high quality WRs (Goodwin, Taylor, Deebo, Hurd, Pettis and James) under contract next year, with those last 4 being 24 years old or younger. Though anything is possible, it's more likely (like you said), that they invest more time in developing this group as opposed to adding another top pick.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

From The Draft Network:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/sun-devil-star--brandon-aiyuk-has-huge-nfl-upside
I'd take any of these Bama WR's! D.Smith is having his coming out party right now against Ole Miss.
Used this prospect watch guide to focus on four guys from today's ND-Virginia game...Kraemer, Okwara & Gilman from ND & Hall from UVA (want Hall on the Niners).
Imagine this super freak coming in and playing on the edge in this defense. Have a rotation of Bosa, Ford and Okwara for the foreseeable future.

I don't think he'd be an amazing fit in every scheme but this guy was born to play in a Wide 9.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Imagine this super freak coming in and playing on the edge in this defense. Have a rotation of Bosa, Ford and Okwara for the foreseeable future.

I don't think he'd be an amazing fit in every scheme but this guy was born to play in a Wide 9.

I can imagine it! Okwara seems like he'd fit right in. I'll take him & Hall from this game on the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone