LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Phoenix's prospects to watch:2020 edition.

Ugh there's so many good WRs in this upcoming draft...really don't get why they went all in on that position this yr with subpar talent available (I do like Deebo)

This kid is a stud

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 14, 2019 at 6:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
As much as I want a better OL for the Niners I think it's arguable that ShanaLynch will select a WR in the first round next year.

So they can play inconsistent and have all the fans call for them to be cut after 1 season? Pass

Get a OT.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
So they can play inconsistent and have all the fans call for them to be cut after 1 season? Pass

Get a OT.

Who cares if fans call for them to be cut? Get whomever is the top talent. If someone like Lamb or Jeudy are somehow sitting there when we're picking, you draft them.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who cares if fans call for them to be cut? Get whomever is the top talent. If someone like Lamb or Jeudy are somehow sitting there when we're picking, you draft them.

Jeudy goes top 5. Lamb probably goes top 10.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 14, 2019 at 7:09 PM ]

Ya Jeudy is supposed to be a once in a generation talent. Hes basically a faster version of Michael Thomas. Hes gonna put up crazy numbers if he goes to a team with a good QB. Top 5 easily.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I feel like this franchise is cursed when it comes to spending 1st/2nd round picks on interior lineman. We've drafted a lot of them day one over the last 10 years and have crap to show for it. It seems we always find undrafted guys and casts offs that end up beating out the guy we spend a high pick on.

You're probably right, but Iupati was pretty good.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Ya Jeudy is supposed to be a once in a generation talent. Hes basically a faster version of Michael Thomas. Hes gonna put up crazy numbers if he goes to a team with a good QB. Top 5 easily.

I'm ok with taking Laviska. 2nd best receiver in the draft.
I do not think the niners should draft a RB, UNTIL late 4th any year.

It should be OL or DL and blue chip type talents on defense in the 1st round.

This year it should be OT, OG, or edge. Depending on verrett/moore/tartt i could accept a slot corner/safety.

You need 3 starter edge guys for rotation. The DTs have very little room to improve, same with the linebackers.

I do not think a late 1st WR will improve the WR corps.

They need an OT(start at G is huge+) but i do not think they need a swing T.
I do not think they need an OC, unless they are also a G.

So if they go T 1st, G/C 3rd, and G/C 4th i would not be mad. A future starter, a starter, and a IOL backup. But if Skule plays well, no need for the 3rd OL.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

This year it should be OT, OG, or edge. Depending on verrett/moore/tartt i could accept a slot corner/safety.

You need 3 starter edge guys for rotation. The DTs have very little room to improve, same with the linebackers.

So if they go T 1st, G/C 3rd, and G/C 4th i would not be mad. A future starter, a starter, and a IOL backup. But if Skule plays well, no need for the 3rd OL.

I wiuldn't be either. We'd have a group of young guys to integrate into our system. The main thing will be if our secondary holds up and Dee Ford's health, but honestly, even he was 100% healthy, I still want another edge rusher. I think we are good on using draft picks on quarterbacks (unless Mullens is looking to move on and be a starter elsewhere after the 2020 season), receiver (we have enough), DT (we have more than enough), and ST guys. That only leaves TE. We have six picks to spread around TE, OL, and DB. I'm still hoping we can somehow move some guys to acquire more day 2 and 3 picks.
Who we watching today?

Henry Ruggs is a stud

I don't see us taking WR early next draft. Ruggs is a playmaker for sure tho.

Kyle will need to find another diamond in the rough without our 2nd rounder next year. OL and S need to be high up on our list. CB as well.
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't see us taking WR early next draft. Ruggs is a playmaker for sure tho.

Kyle will need to find another diamond in the rough without our 2nd rounder next year. OL and S need to be high up on our list. CB as well.

Oh I know....it was a head scratcher to me going WR early this past draft. There's so many good WRs in this draft smh
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I feel like this franchise is cursed when it comes to spending 1st/2nd round picks on interior lineman. We've drafted a lot of them day one over the last 10 years and have crap to show for it. It seems we always find undrafted guys and casts offs that end up beating out the guy we spend a high pick on.

You're probably right, but Iupati was pretty good.

In the last 10 years we have only Drafted 2 interior Oline players in the first 2 rounds. Iupati and Garnett. None of them from Lynch and Shanny. Iupati was very good with us.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Very good post!

I think we'll b picking in the lower part of the draft - about 24th or so.

There should be some top OLine talent there.
Share 49ersWebzone