LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Phoenix's prospects to watch:2020 edition.

That's great info Phoenix. Thanks for putting that together. I'm curious what your thoughts are about Alex Leatherwood (Adrian mentioned him earlier in the thread also) or Calvin Throckmorton. To me, both fit the bill as athletic interior lineman that could be had in the second or third rounds.
[ Edited by YayArea on Sep 5, 2019 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
What running back do you like this year? Seems like every year you identify a really good RB.

D'Andre Swift out of Georgia is an absolute beast but I think most everyone knows that by now. Reggie Corbin of Illinois is amazing but somehow falls under the radar. Jet Anderson from TCU as a third down/change of pace back. Also Bennie LeMay of Charlotte who has been tremendously productive.

No love for the best back in the country?

Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
No love for the best back in the country?

That is why I brought up D'Andre Swift.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It will depend on FA cause I'm guessing if Richburg struggles this year Kyle will look to bring in another vet center. But Tomlinson and Person could be replaced. Depth at Tackle and Guard would be real nice.

I think RG and a tackle to either eventually replace Staley or shift to right tackle are musts.

This
OL & DB
If we are picking late 1st, would love to get the C out of Wisconsin. Middle of the round, either of those two tackles from Iowa. Early round, a CB, maybe Hall.
Prince Tega Wanogho would make a lot of sense. An elite talent raw tackle who can groom at Staley's feet for two years.
Trying to find you some gems but nothing so far.

Watched a lot of ball but no big surprises yet

Cheat and draft rondale Moore?
Some mid round Players
I really like are, these CBs are undersized so I think they'd be perfect replacement for Williams in the slot are Trajan Bandy out if the U and Levonta Taylor out of FSU, CB Demarkus Acy from Mizz is a big fast physical DB who would play on the outside but he's a monster, keep and eye on him, other positions of players are S Tanner Muse from Clemson, LB Troy Dye out of Oregon, G Ben Cleveland from Georgia, C from Clemson Sean Pollard, OT from Louisville Mekhi Becton, WR out of LSU Justin Jefferson, WR out of TTU T.J. Vasher, WR USC Tyler Vaughns,

Just some prospects to keep an eye on I like..
Forgot maybe my favorite CB in this draft Stanford Samuels III out of FSU, keep an eye on this kid..

I can't believe I neglected this dude, he's impossible to miss. I'll be watching just for the freak factor.

https://theathletic.com/1065937/2019/07/12/bruce-feldmans-freaks-list-2019-college-football-top-athletic-performances/

The humongous sophomore from Australia comes it at 6-9, 400 pounds. He has 275 pounds of lean mass, which is more lean mass than most football players weigh — including most of the guys he's tasked with blocking. Faalele bench pressed 391 pounds this offseason. He hang cleans 375 and squats 570, but it's his movement at that size that is eye-opening stuff. He vertical jumps 29 inches, who for someone 300 pounds would be really good. For someone 400 pounds … well, we'll get to that in a minute. He broad jumped 8-7. Same deal as it relates to what an athletic 300-pound NFL prospect would do.

I have been following him loosely for a while. Because he is so new to the game, in his first year at IMG (when finishing high school), he asked to practice only.
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/03/07/daniel-faalele-img-academy-recruiting

Hope he continues to develop, but I don't think we'll see him till 2021 at the earliest.
Here's another article to add to an excellent post.

https://ninernoise.com/2019/09/13/49ers-2019-nfl-draft-5-prospects-sense/6/

Thoughts??
I feel like this franchise is cursed when it comes to spending 1st/2nd round picks on interior lineman. We've drafted a lot of them day one over the last 10 years and have crap to show for it. It seems we always find undrafted guys and casts offs that end up beating out the guy we spend a high pick on.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IT'S THE JEFF BREGEL CURSE !!!
[ Edited by 9moon on Sep 14, 2019 at 10:03 AM ]
As much as I want a better OL for the Niners I think it's arguable that ShanaLynch will select a WR in the first round next year.
Share 49ersWebzone