LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

What will be our tops needs heading into 2020?

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Secondary and Oline
1. LT
2. FS
3. WR
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Top need?

GM who doesn't have a filthy FETISH for injured players...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
1. LT
2. FS
3. WR

Agree, but instead of WR, if Jimmy doesn't pan out, I'd put QB at number 3.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
1. LT
2. FS
3. WR

Agree, but instead of WR, if Jimmy doesn't pan out, I'd put QB at number 3.

LT is our top need with Joe signing a 2 year extension?

1. CB
2. FS
3. G

WR and LT aren't even in the top 5 imo.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Free safety
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CB

- Spoon will continue to suck while Sherm will be learning how to play the FS position.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The entire oline
OL
FS
SS
Originally posted by Waterbear:

1. CB
2. FS
3. G

I think so. I really want them to grab an OT in the 1st or 2nd who has the ability to slide over to G for a couple years while Staley rides it out.

You never know what can happen when a guy is in his mid-30s so banking in Joes health to protect our franchise QB doesn't work for me.

I 100% think this is our top need at this point because it helps us improve our guard play in the short term, and gives us long-term protection at OT.

I definitely think OL will need to be addressed early but looking at the Free safety depth chart right now makes me cringe.
Hopefully one of them steps up and proves themselves but I'm not holding my breath. I really wish we had addressed it this off-season and while I am intrigued by Hurd I think we screwed up the 3rd and 4th rounds of the draft.
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

1. CB
2. FS
3. G

I think so. I really want them to grab an OT in the 1st or 2nd who has the ability to slide over to G for a couple years while Staley rides it out.

You never know what can happen when a guy is in his mid-30s so banking in Joes health to protect our franchise QB doesn't work for me.

I 100% think this is our top need at this point because it helps us improve our guard play in the short term, and gives us long-term protection at OT.

I think you proved my point. Tackle is not a need right now, that doesn't mean a tackle wouldn't be the best pick for us. I really wanted Risner but there haven't been that many elite tackle prospects who can step in at guard.

Guard is the biggest need for 2020 if I'm gathering what you're saying and I somewhat agree. You just want Guard and future tackle filled but that doesn't mean Tackle is our biggest need right now.
I'm hoping our WR position pans out. If so, my 3 biggest targets are Byron Jones in FA, Creed Humphrey in the 1st and Alaric Jackson in the 3rd
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I'm hoping our WR position pans out. If so, my 3 biggest targets are Byron Jones in FA, Creed Humphrey in the 1st and Alaric Jackson in the 3rd

Good call on Byron Jones. There's a good chance he hits the market with Dak and Elliot needing contracts too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need a LT and a WR1, in that order.
Share 49ersWebzone