LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

What will be our tops needs heading into 2020?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
S, CB, OT, OG, Big WR (Yes we still need this. A big WR with speed this time. Not a gadget player who you don't know what position he plays and is slow).

Yes a new GM. For sure we need that. We need somebody from the Patriots war room who can make good decisions in the draft and FA. I don't think we can win with what we currently have on board. What did he ever have to be qualified for this? He was given a 6 year deal with no GM experience or track record at all (a classic Jed York move no doubt). But we are going to have to cut ties with him because he doesn't have a clue how to draft.

I would say new owners. But we are unfortunately stuck with them. Shanahan has some question marks and is overrated to me. But I think he can at least be functional with the right GM picking players.

LOL You dont need a big bodied receiver to have a successful offense. Some of the best receivers in the game are on the smaller side or have mediocre size. AB, OBJ, Hopkins , JuJu , Tyreek hill , robert woods , thielen (about the same size as pettis), Davante Adams, hilton , cooks.

Needing to have a 6'3 220 pound receiver is a myth.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
S, CB, OT, OG, Big WR (Yes we still need this. A big WR with speed this time. Not a gadget player who you don't know what position he plays and is slow).

Yes a new GM. For sure we need that. We need somebody from the Patriots war room who can make good decisions in the draft and FA. I don't think we can win with what we currently have on board. What did he ever have to be qualified for this? He was given a 6 year deal with no GM experience or track record at all (a classic Jed York move no doubt). But we are going to have to cut ties with him because he doesn't have a clue how to draft.

I would say new owners. But we are unfortunately stuck with them. Shanahan has some question marks and is overrated to me. But I think he can at least be functional with the right GM picking players.

LOL You dont need a big bodied receiver to have a successful offense. Some of the best receivers in the game are on the smaller side or have mediocre size. AB, OBJ, Hopkins , JuJu , Tyreek hill , robert woods , thielen (about the same size as pettis), Davante Adams, hilton , cooks.

You don't need it. But it would be very great to have. It adds an extra dimension that we don't have right now.

You don't need it. But it would be very great to have. It adds an extra dimension that we don't have right now.

EHHH, Jimmy has never seemed like a jump ball thrower, so Im not sure how much value it adds. Plus if you want a jump ball option both Kaden Smith, and Jalen did some of that in college. Especially Kaden, who had an insane catch rate on "50/50" balls.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Niners will not need inside LB's with Warner and Alexander. They will need a SAM LB to upgrade from Smith, Greenlaw, and Nzeocha.

I may be wrong but everything I've read lists Alexander as an outside backer because of his coverage skills. Maybe the Niners are planning on changing his position. Anyway that's why I listed inside LB.
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just going off of how this FO seemingly values positions I'm assuming Tackle will be the #1 target, next will be Cornerback then Safety then Kicker.

I bet they'll await all the way till the 4th round to grab one

Takin a kicker in the 4th
[ Edited by WINiner on May 2, 2019 at 2:08 PM ]

You're trying to hard to be the next sus
I'd say DB is easily the top need.

Sherman isn't a spring chicken.
Verrett is on a 1 year deal.
Witherspoon needs to show he's a long term player.

Even safety is iffy
Ward 1 year deal
youth and not much proven beyond.

If it's not CB or S I'd be very surprised.

OL is definitely up there as well. Can't see(hopefully) Person being the long term solution and we can probably improve across the whole IOL and Staley can play for only so long.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

You're trying to hard to be the next sus

He's just mad that Jets fans got to buy their Superbowl tickets and he didn't.

Hurd is a 4.4 kind of guy at almost 6'5. His injury hurt his 40 time. You would see this if you actually watched any of his film that a 4.6 40 is way off.

Save this for the "What will be our top 'great to have' heading into 2020?" thread.

Gonna need a bigger trophy case!
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Hurd is a 4.4 kind of guy at almost 6'5. His injury hurt his 40 time. You would see this if you actually watched any of his film that a 4.6 40 is way off.

Haha. He ran a 4.66 at his pro day at Baylor. Dream on. He's almost a 4.7 guy. He's very SLOW.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just going off of how this FO seemingly values positions I'm assuming Tackle will be the #1 target, next will be Cornerback then Safety then Kicker.

I bet they'll await all the way till the 4th round to grab one

Takin a kicker in the 4th

3rd round to sleep better after day 2.

Haha. He ran a 4.66 at his pro day at Baylor. Dream on. He's almost a 4.7 guy. He's very SLOW.

Again... it's clear you haven't watched him play.

Again... it's clear you haven't watched him play.

Official time = 4.66.

Share 49ersWebzone