There are 98 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2019 NFLDraft Niners Review

Anyone answer this question: It seems as though there was talent at WR in this draft but the abundance of talent at other positions in this draft forced the WR's to drop later in the draft.

If this draft was full of "normal" defensive players, would the WR's be drafted sooner than they were? Just seems like teams got some real good WR's in the second and third rounds but at the same time, it seems unbelievable that this good of talent would drop so low. Are the WR's not as good as we think they are or were the other positions that were picked in most of the first round really THAT loaded?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Anyone answer this question: It seems as though there was talent at WR in this draft but the abundance of talent at other positions in this draft forced the WR's to drop later in the draft.

If this draft was full of "normal" defensive players, would the WR's be drafted sooner than they were? Just seems like teams got some real good WR's in the second and third rounds but at the same time, it seems unbelievable that this good of talent would drop so low. Are the WR's not as good as we think they are or were the other positions that were picked in most of the first round really THAT loaded?

Combination of other positions being good and the WR class being so deep that players dropped.

Supply and demand - there were a ton of good WRs in this class, so a lot were available later on in the draft. It seems like we zeroed in on guys we liked rather than counting on the depth at WR to push our guys down.

Metcalf likely fell due to injury/character concerns. I'm not sure why AJ Brown fell to the 50s or Butler fell to the 4th round. With all the WRs that seemingly fell in this draft class, it's frustrating that we reached for our guys in rounds 2 and 3.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WRs are a bunch of Divas and I believe that's one of the reason why they drop ...
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Combination of other positions being good and the WR class being so deep that players dropped.

Supply and demand - there were a ton of good WRs in this class, so a lot were available later on in the draft. It seems like we zeroed in on guys we liked rather than counting on the depth at WR to push our guys down.

Metcalf likely fell due to injury/character concerns. I'm not sure why AJ Brown fell to the 50s or Butler fell to the 4th round. With all the WRs that seemingly fell in this draft class, it's frustrating that we reached for our guys in rounds 2 and 3.

I'm really surprised talents like AJ Brown dropped so late.
MD,
On your source about Deebo seeming to be very into himself. I don't know, that may be the case but it seems more like Deebo was more focused on being successful and focusing on himself becoming an NFL player rather than the college experience.

Could it be?
MD,
On your source about Deebo seeming to be very into himself. I don't know, that may be the case but it seems more like Deebo was more focused on being successful and focusing on himself becoming an NFL player rather than the college experience.

Could it be?

I wouldn't mind if he was into self as long as it doesn't become too much of a distraction. There are probably a lot of great receivers that speak in the 3rd person....
MD,

Could it be?

Seems like most WRs are very into themselves. A lot of really good ones also... Breeds divaness
Originally posted by sacniner:
MD,

Could it be?

Seems like most WRs are very into themselves. A lot of really good ones also... Breeds divaness

WR, like CB, is lonely position, you vs the other guy.

Thast's why WRs and CBs talk the most trash.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

That, and the 2020 WR class is supposed to be insane. A lot like edges this year. Why blow an early pick on a good Edge in 2018, when you can get a great one in 2019?

Same reasoning 2019/2020, with the WR classes, imo.

Nice write Maddog! Can't wait to see these kids on the field this season!
Share 49erswebzone