LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Top prospects in 2020

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Too soon to be targeting players. We don't know what we'll need next year. What if Jimmy falls flat and it becomes obvious that he isn't the guy we thought he was. Then we need a QB more than an O lineman or CB. Injuries and performance this year can change everything. We don't know which college players are going to be good this year either or where we will be picking. Too many variables to start targeting players.

If we need a QB and Jimmy G flops that badly, we'll be picking in the top 3 anyway. There should be some QBs available.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Too soon to be targeting players. We don't know what we'll need next year. What if Jimmy falls flat and it becomes obvious that he isn't the guy we thought he was. Then we need a QB more than an O lineman or CB. Injuries and performance this year can change everything. We don't know which college players are going to be good this year either or where we will be picking. Too many variables to start targeting players.

If we need a QB and Jimmy G flops that badly, we'll be picking in the top 3 anyway. There should be some QBs available.

I would bet good money we don't sniff the top 5 this year. If we did get that Clemson QB in 2 years I wouldn't complain.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

I would bet good money we don't sniff the top 5 this year. If we did get that Clemson QB in 2 years I wouldn't complain.

this, no way in hell we pick top 5 let alone top 8 if jimmy flops. Shanahan will go hard after cousins before we would have a chance at Trevor Lawrence, there would seriously be tanking teams for the shot at lawrence, hes that good
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
this, no way in hell we pick top 5 let alone top 8 if jimmy flops. Shanahan will go hard after cousins before we would have a chance at Trevor Lawrence, there would seriously be tanking teams for the shot at lawrence, hes that good

Going to take a look at him now.

But I agree, not going to be in the top 8 if Jimmy stays healthy and performes like he did in 2017.
Dream pick- S Grant Delpit ( top 5 )

Reality pick- WR Jalen Reagor- Tyreke Hill clone, replacement for Goodwin.. Pettis, Deebo, Reagor, Kittle ! That's dangerous !
Originally posted by OsBoogie:

Did anybody else notice the upside down 49ers logo @ 2:19?
Lavonta Taylor has been a CB I've been keeping an eye on. Especially since Jack Jones got the boot out of USC. Well Taylor was moved to SS for week 1 and isn't on the depth chart as a starter for week 2. Maybe cause he coulda recovered a fumble vs Boise State and won the game but he CAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMed it. This isn't good for Taylor and it looks like another promising prospect down the drain.
Justin Ross is so legit and he's only a sophomore

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gonna need a QB. we should have our pick of the litter.

This upcoming Draft looks to be REAL DEEP, you may have players that would normally be typical first rounders in the 3rd round
Need an OT you have them … Need an OG you have them... Need a CB you have them... The safeties are there as well
John Lynch should be getting a woody when he sees the amount of legitimate NFL caliber talent that will be available in this upcoming draft...He is likely losing sleep at night thinking about how to get more picks
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Sep 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM ]
Safeties (top level) and WRs are going to be deep
The best OT please.
We'll probably be picking near the end of the 1st round. One player I'd look at is OT Jake Hanson from Oregon. He's one of the top rated pass protectors in college football. 6-5 295....so he's not one of those lumbering giants, and should fit with Kyle's offense.

We're really going to want to have someone ready to replace Staley.

He's a northern California native, so may well be a 49er fan.
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Sep 17, 2019 at 7:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone