LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Top prospects in 2020

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
IMO, this is the year to go OT, assuming value is there. Swing em over to guard for a year or two until Staley hangs em up. Don't want to wait until he's done to address the position.

yep. We were lucky with McGlinchey, I prefer the tackles to get some experience before starting.

Agree

I think we'll be picking in the mid-late twenties if not lower.

Like you I prefer the tackles having experience before starting.

That's why I'd opt for a high quality FA at G & T positions.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If the Safety position continues to suck, I want a Safety in the 1st round no screwing around!!

Isaiah Simmons
Grant Delpit
J.R. Reed
Jordan Fuller

Don't think we'll be in reach for Delpit as he's the best S to come out in the last 5 years. Simmons is amazing, but I am already hearing that he projects as a linebacker at the next level. Reed or Fuller will be more our range.
Next year's OT class is looking really good as of right now. Tristan Wirfs from Iowa looks like a monster with that Iowa edge to him, Andrew Thomas has been dominant against almost every SEC edge defender he's gone up against, and Walker Little looks like another stud in a long line of successful Stanford offensive linemen.
Originally posted by Dman11:
Next year's OT class is looking really good as of right now. Tristan Wirfs from Iowa looks like a monster with that Iowa edge to him, Andrew Thomas has been dominant against almost every SEC edge defender he's gone up against, and Walker Little looks like another stud in a long line of successful Stanford offensive linemen.

Georgia is gonna screw around and have 1st round OTs in 2020 and 2021.

With signing Joe to an extension. My focus for 2020 has shifted the secondary. This guy would be pretty nice to have, went to Cal so he's local too!

👀 👀
Originally posted by Waterbear:

With signing Joe to an extension. My focus for 2020 has shifted the secondary. This guy would be pretty nice to have, went to Cal so he's local too!

I didn't watch much of him or Cal for that matter last yr...keep an eye out for him looks like a ball hawk.

Walterfootball (which is meh) has him as a 4-6 rd pick as of now.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

👀 👀

Too soon to be targeting players. We don't know what we'll need next year. What if Jimmy falls flat and it becomes obvious that he isn't the guy we thought he was. Then we need a QB more than an O lineman or CB. Injuries and performance this year can change everything. We don't know which college players are going to be good this year either or where we will be picking. Too many variables to start targeting players.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Too soon to be targeting players. We don't know what we'll need next year. What if Jimmy falls flat and it becomes obvious that he isn't the guy we thought he was. Then we need a QB more than an O lineman or CB. Injuries and performance this year can change everything. We don't know which college players are going to be good this year either or where we will be picking. Too many variables to start targeting players.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

some of us just like discussing the draft and prospects and college football in general. This thread is just about top prospects, not targeting anyone. Sure, it's natural for us to be curious about positions that we currently feel are needs. You are correct, they change all the time, but still. It's all futile but I'll read a mock draft right now.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
gonna need a QB. we should have our pick of the litter.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I'd love to get an upgrade for Nick Mullens, any potential UDFA? or 7th rounders that might qualify?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I'd love to get an upgrade for Nick Mullens, any potential UDFA? or 7th rounders that might qualify?

Lol nice way to curve that ridiculous statement 👍🏻
Share 49ersWebzone